Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

Probably for the best tbh 

Fully on board with that decision. That kids reps are going to greed him out of a top level career the way theyre going.

Theres absolutely no fucking way madrid and bayern are after him, they don't sign "ten goals once" players, especially when theyre looking for the next benzema/lewandowski profile player

• Like 6

Reminds me of Anelka when his brothers were representing him. Ah well, he looked a good prospect but we don't need that kind of drama at the club. 

His club will be livid about it. Maybe it gets resurrected later in the window if he bins his agent. 

• Like 1

Yeah I'm kinda surprised by that but I can understand why we did it. Only slight annoyance is that I don't really think the other alternatives we've been linked with look particularly good - wonder who we'll move onto next.

This may also help us secure Botman tbh, if Lille see we're not messing around.

The more I think about it, the more I think this window almost has to be a frustrating one if we are to avoid being seen as a Man City style entity. It's going to take clubs seeing us walk away from decent players because of them taking the piss, for this notion that we're easy money to be kicked off the table.

• Like 2

Is 90min.com very reliable? I thought it (and Bailey) were generally a heap of shit, Bailey always seems to be a pleb iirc. 

If it’s true then I hope the lad wakes up and bins off his agent, I personally don’t understand the point in having agents, especially ones that act in the manner this one seems to. They’d have to be pretty fucking amazing negotiators to make up for the 15% of player wage + egregious fees for their own pockets many seem to ask for nowadays. If all of this is true about his agent I’m leaning towards hoping we do move on, it’ll be like this whenever he needs or wants a new deal, and it’ll be like Almiron where every window he’s pushing for a move. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah I'm kinda surprised by that but I can understand why we did it. Only slight annoyance is that I don't really think the other alternatives we've been linked with look particularly good - wonder who we'll move onto next.

This may also help us secure Botman tbh, if Lille see we're not messing around.

One of the issues with the rumour mill running 24/7 and the emergence of sofa-analysts is we build up every player we're seriously linked with. We read articles about him, looks at his stats, watch compilations and a lot of it leans whichever way our bias wants. Ekitike maybe a great prospect, and everything I've read and seen suggests he is. But maybe, he's not. Maybe other options would fit better in the squad, or adapt better to the PL. The alternatives we've heard about are the likes of Raphinha, Hazard, etc. but, for all we know, Ashworth and the scouts have 3-4 other young kids with potential that we've not heard a real peep about?

I do think this is another example of the club proving that, despite our attributed wealth, we'll not be held ransom. We won't pay the Newcastle tax.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Howay said:

Is 90min.com very reliable? I thought it (and Bailey) were generally a heap of shit, Bailey always seems to be a pleb iirc. 

If it’s true then I hope the lad wakes up and bins off his agent, I personally don’t understand the point in having agents, especially ones that act in the manner this one seems to. They’d have to be pretty fucking amazing negotiators to make up for the 15% of player wage + egregious fees for their own pockets many seem to ask for nowadays. If all of this is true about his agent I’m leaning towards hoping we do move on, it’ll be like this whenever he needs or wants a new deal, and it’ll be like Almiron where every window he’s pushing for a move. 

Another thing Cloughie was right about. He never worked with players with agents 

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

whatever happens, it's good craic just having these conversations. last summer's transfer window thread was tumbleweed town. 

No doubt, when we were linked with Choudhury on loan, I couldn't give enough of a shit to pore over anything. He might have been a decent player but because of a decade of Ashley and underwhelming transfers I knew he wasn't going to be great. Fucking Hell even with Saint-Maximin I knew that even though he was an exciting talent, the expectation that he'd have a suspect attitude, or not great end product or he'd be inconsistent came so easily. #

Now, with Bruno, and Burn and Targett I had genuine faith that they'd, at worst, be good and certainly be better than what came before them. 

• Like 2

I've seen nowt confirming the end of the Ekitike deal from The Athletic. We usually get the straight dope from the great Hope as well and he's said nowt. So 90min.com and that Graeme Bailey can a-fuuuuuck a-hofffffff. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've seen nowt confirming the end of the Ekitike deal from The Athletic. We usually get the straight dope from the great Hope as well and he's said nowt. So 90min.com and that Graeme Bailey can a-fuuuuuck a-hofffffff. 

778BCACC-3192-430D-B0D4-CCB685523BD5.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season