Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Transfer News: Newcastle United favourites to sign Georginio Wijnaldum (thehardtackle.com)

Favourite's for Wini apparently. I think I'd rather Eriksen if it was a straight choice, but then again could you imagine a midfield three of Bruno, Eriksen and Wijnaldum 😲 If we could get Wini at a decent price, which we likely would off PSG given his age, and Eriksen for free it should be a no brainer. It would be a bit harsh of Joelinton, but fuck it. Of course this could easily just be that publication adding two and two and getting five. If I'm a fraudulent  "ITK" type, then I'd be looking at Wijnaldum's future and making assumptions based on the fact the he's supposed to be leaving France, and only a certain amount of teams will be after him given he'll want to be starting every week and he'll be on big wages. Step in us being a fairly obvious candidate, even if it's all bollocks, given our wealth and Wijnaldum's past association with us. 

Edited by Polarboy

Too old. Though it would be nice to have a player who used Newcastle as a stepping stone to play for Newcastle.

Jagged Little Pill GIF by Alanis Morissette

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

shame we weren't in for jesus, who just signed for arsenal. good signing for them

You’re suggesting we sign Jesus and Pope in the same week, to go with Saint Maximan?  :cuppa: 

(Stolen from Twitter 👍

• Haha 6

On 25/06/2022 at 17:25, Dougle said:

The dangers of an unexpected phaal whilst pretending to be a hoolie

Red curry! 

Sugar

Soy sauce

Cashew oil

Garlic

Shallots

Jalapeno

Red & yellow bell pepper 

Coconut milk

Turmeric

Red curry paste

Black pepper

Rice!

10 hours ago, OTF said:

Too old. Though it would be nice to have a player who used Newcastle as a stepping stone to play for Newcastle.

Jagged Little Pill GIF by Alanis Morissette

Who gives a fuck. We were owned by Mike Ashley and managed by Steve McClaren. If I were him at the time, as in wasn't born in Newcastle or supported the team growing up, I'd have wiped my ass on the locker room towels on the way out and not felt the slightest bit guilty. 

15 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Who gives a fuck. We were owned by Mike Ashley and managed by Steve McClaren. If I were him at the time, as in wasn't born in Newcastle or supported the team growing up, I'd have wiped my ass on the locker room towels on the way out and not felt the slightest bit guilty. 

I don’t have anything against him, but by the time the world cup rolls around he'll be 32. I don't really think he'd be a great fit into our side also, and would expect he's on big wages and will be wanting to keep it that way. Could be good for helping Botman to settle having another Dutchman about.

12 minutes ago, OTF said:

I don’t have anything against him, but by the time the world cup rolls around he'll be 32. I don't really think he'd be a great fit into our side also, and would expect he's on big wages and will be wanting to keep it that way. Could be good for helping Botman to settle having another Dutchman about.

Well I think given how versatile and intelligent he is he could give us two or three seasons of quality, regardless of his age, for comparitivly little money, at least in transfer fee. He might ask for ridiculous wages, and in that case he can jog on of course, again assuming we're even interested. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season