Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

11 hours ago, Polarboy said:

PSG agree personal terms in principle with Milan Škriniar, Gianluca Scamacca and Renato Sanches – Get French Football News (getfootballnewsfrance.com)

PSG have supposedly agreed personal terms with Scamacca, so that could be one off the list of back ups to Ekitike, at least potentially. 

German press is still running with stories about Bayern being interested in case they sell Lewandowski.

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fire up YouTube and whilst it looks like he's playing against the blind school in some of the clips, he's got some finishes on him. 

this story gets the sean casey seal approval, so i'm out. 

It originally comes from a  Belgian publication seeing as he was on loan to Anderlecht last season, but yeah who knows. He looks like the profile we're going for, so it's a decent guess if nothing else. He had 18 goals and 13 assists last season, so impressive but the question always is if a player can replicate those numbers they managed in a weaker league like the Belgian one in the PL. His loan from Bayern to Anderlecht finishes tomorrow, so we might see some movement then if there's anything in this. 

Edited by Polarboy

43 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fire up YouTube and whilst it looks like he's playing against the blind school in some of the clips, he's got some finishes on him. 

I assume I am the only one who read that and thought 

zebedee-spinning.gif.d7a3c3bc45abaa14fc0c9c5d14a041ab.gif

• Haha 1

Newcastle set to sign Southampton talent “in the coming days” - Report | NUFC blog – Newcastle United blog – NUFC Fixtures, News and Forum.

We're apparently going to sign a 16 year old Southampton youth player and put him on 6500 grand a week, so he's obviously a rising star for them. The speculation is that it's a kid called Tyler Dibling who's an attacking mid who can also play down either flank. Could be bollocks, but who knows. I'd be more liable to believe in youth team news than senior squad rumours, given there's less money in the clicks for made up nonsense.  

7 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Newcastle set to sign Southampton talent “in the coming days” - Report | NUFC blog – Newcastle United blog – NUFC Fixtures, News and Forum.

We're apparently going to sign a 16 year old Southampton youth player and put him on 6500 grand a week, so he's obviously a rising star for them. The speculation is that it's a kid called Tyler Dibling who's an attacking mid who can also play down either flank. Could be bollocks, but who knows. I'd be more liable to believe in youth team news than senior squad rumours, given there's less money in the clicks for made up nonsense.  

Excited Donald Duck GIF

19 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Misread that as Dibble and immediately thought about Top Cat.

200.gif

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Tremendous quality

13 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Isn't he the one who scored a hattrick of almost identical goals against us last season?

Yep, the video of his hattrick is in the link. Of course it could just be people adding two and two and getting five given he's Southampton's hottest prospect, and we're supposedly offering 6500 grand a week to a someone who's only 16. And that's assuming that the story about us being after a Southampton youth player is even true. 

51 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

He was in the bench in match against Brentford this year.

His stats this year 

501344367_Screenshot(1).png.6c8de8756b0b4b2f28a55a952aebafd0.png

• Like 1

Been said before I'm sure, but when you consider the contacts that Ashworth has from the all the England national team age groups from his time in charge of development, it's incredibly exciting to think of the youth set up he's going to create. 

• Like 2

Tottenham, Leeds & Newcastle among Premier League clubs monitoring Noni Madueke (90min.com)

I know Bailey isn't well thought of on here, but if memory serves he was one of the first people to break Ekitike interest in January. Madueke seems like a cheaper alternative to Diaby, and having never really seen either play I'm going to say that Madueke is clearly a better option than Thorgan Hazard 😂 In all seriousness though Hazard is pushing 30 and this guy is 21, so the difference in potential is obvious. 

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Isn't he the one who scored a hattrick of almost identical goals against us last season?

Top Cat? 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

image.thumb.png.f414d0d9528c5d1c043bc29e703cb792.png

Clash of the bullshit artists. 

The most disappointing aspect of this is that sadly one of them is going to be right. And you know fine well they'll use the opportunity to promoted their 'ITKness'

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season