Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

53 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

I have a feeling Jesus is going to be another case of Arsenal signing an established player that doesn't really do that well for them. He's a class technical player all right but is he the sort of character that will lead from the front and push everyone around him to do better? Arsenal fold like a pack of cards every other game and they haven't really addressed the fact they don't have a strong spine to the team. 

I think we're more likely to discover he's a class technical player when he's surrounded by players of equal stature. Taking nothing away from Jesus, but I think he thrives because of the level of support her gets from his midfield. Is he likely to individually bridge the gap in talent between the Man City are Arsenal squads? Most likely not.

• Like 1

I suppose it's entirely possible that Ekitike and his agent have come crawling back. On the other hand Graves could just be making an educated guess that we all made at the time the deal broke down, and it seemed apparent that PSG and Madrid weren't actually interested. 

It would have been a lot more exciting if we could have signed our attacking reinforcements first before improving the backline, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Obviously effective attack minded players generally move later in the window given they aren't in plentiful supply, and clubs are unwilling to sell their attackers until they have a replacement in place. That is unless you are Liverpool and Man City and can bring in two of the best forwards in the world early doors. 

13 hours ago, Craig said:

Of course if I'm wrong then I'd be utterly delighted. But after all these years, and false promises, I refuse to get excited about any rumours until it hit's something a little more mainstream than 'NewcastleWorld'. 

Jimbo's telly!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

I have a feeling Jesus is going to be another case of Arsenal signing an established player that doesn't really do that well for them. He's a class technical player all right but is he the sort of character that will lead from the front and push everyone around him to do better? Arsenal fold like a pack of cards every other game and they haven't really addressed the fact they don't have a strong spine to the team. 

I agree. Jesus is a very good player,  but is he a difference maker in terms of their aims for the season? I'm not sure.

raphina will go for something similar. does anyone expect us to break the £50m mark this window? i'm not sure we're quite ready to go there yet. 

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

raphina will go for something similar. does anyone expect us to break the £50m mark this window? i'm not sure we're quite ready to go there yet. 

No

Next summer tho! 

27 minutes ago, Craig said:

£60m for Richarlison! :jesuswept:

i get he's unpopular because he's a diving prick, but he's scored 1 in 3 over three seasons, chipping in with loads of assists, while playing mostly out wide for a pretty shite/average everton side. 

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season