Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/transfers/newcastle-transfer-news-bayer-leverkusen-simon-rolfes-on-moussa-diaby/

Decent news on Diaby. The Leverkusen director of football has gone from he's definitely not going, to we may need to sell if a big enough offer comes in. Whether we'll be able to meet their demands, beat off competition, is another matter of course. 

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i get he's unpopular because he's a diving prick, but he's scored 1 in 3 over three seasons, chipping in with loads of assists, while playing mostly out wide for a pretty shite/average everton side. 

He’s a horrible cunt

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i get he's unpopular because he's a diving prick, but he's scored 1 in 3 over three seasons, chipping in with loads of assists, while playing mostly out wide for a pretty shite/average everton side. 

He's not worth £15m more than Gabriel Jesus. I'd say they're paying double what they should.

1 hour ago, Craig said:

He's not worth £15m more than Gabriel Jesus. I'd say they're paying double what they should.

his stats are great for a wide forward

Edited by Dr Gloom

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

his stats are great for a wide forward

You're not seriously trying to justify what they've spent are you? :lol:

Thinking about it in a different context, it does make you question what their plan is this season. They have Kane, Son & Kulusevski (for another season) who formed quite a deadly front 3 for the second half of the season, and now Richarlison is added into the mix. 

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

You're not seriously trying to justify what they've spent are you? :lol:

Thinking about it in a different context, it does make you question what their plan is this season. They have Kane, Son & Kulusevski (for another season) who formed quite a deadly front 3 for the second half of the season, and now Richarlison is added into the mix. 

i think £50-60m for a Brazlian international who consistently scores 1 in 3 playing as a wide forward is about right in today's market. i expect raphina will go for something similar. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i should add that i'm not trying to justify today's market, which is ridiculous, but that is the going rate for PL proven forwards

ORLY?

image.png.7e601531fa3c7970c19a5e8cfe2922f3.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

But, but he's Brazilian 😂 He is a good player on his day, but whether it was mostly just Everton being shit, or his own bad attitude, his day doesn't come about that often. Perhaps playing for a more successful team who compete in the Champions League will inspire him to up his game and make full use of his talents. 

Edited by Polarboy

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Downie looking utterly perplexed :lol:

Trying to keep a straight face and frantically trying to think of an exit strategy. (You can tell by his face). 

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season