Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

ReadyToGroom reckons Craig Hope is being paid by the Saudis and is doing a character assassination on Ekitike because he turned us down. 

Ekitike turned us down because he’s a MLF, he’s just waiting the next takeover when there will be billions to spend, my mate met him on holiday and reckons he thinks theyre bigger than Barca, FTM six in a row

• Haha 6

Seeing Ghodoussi and Ashworth pictured with new players is, unsurprisingly, a lot more reassuring and professional looking than having Penfold and the Hamburgler McBacontits hanging off them. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Alex said:

ReadyToGroom reckons Craig Hope is being paid by the Saudis and is doing a character assassination on Ekitike because he turned us down. 

:lol: Well of course. Alan Parry can't be expected to commentate on fifty thousand screaming jawdees and do written journalism as well, can he? Hope obviously doing his bit in magedia world. 

• Haha 2

Looks like Ziyech is off to AC. He would have been a decent back up to someone like Diaby if he proves too expensive. I did read, don't know how true it is, that Chelsea were open to an initial loan with an obligation to buy for around 20m, so that would have been a decent deal given the restrictions of FFP. The only downside to Ziyech is that he turned 29 last March and we're trying to bring the squad age down. I know he didn't really do it for Chelsea, but Tuchel had him in and out of the side and he does look a player when he's on song. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but I believe that if he got a consistent run in the PL he could come somewhere close to matching his Eredivisie numbers.  

18 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

fake tash tosser :lol:

:lol:

Also, how convenient that after we ended our interest due to being stuffed about by his agent that he comes out publically declaring he wants to stay at the club.

Trying to make it look like he turned us down. Good luck with that given the club was only too willing to sell you.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Looks like Ziyech is off to AC. He would have been a decent back up to someone like Diaby if he proves too expensive. I did read, don't know how true it is, that Chelsea were open to an initial loan with an obligation to buy for around 20m, so that would have been a decent deal given the restrictions of FFP. The only downside to Ziyech is that he turned 29 last March and we're trying to bring the squad age down. I know he didn't really do it for Chelsea, but Tuchel had him in and out of the side and he does look a player when he's on song. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but I believe that if he got a consistent run in the PL he could come somewhere close to matching his Eredivisie numbers.  

He's also a little diving prick. We don't currently have anyone who is particularly good at doing that effectively. Sorry Maxi, I know you try.

I couldn't like Ziyech less. I will not question his soccer skills (although I will question his regularity), but he is a player who has had serious problems (and sometimes nonsense) in all the teams he has been in and with all technicians.

He refused to play for Feyenoord early in his career because they didn't want to give him the number 10 shirt (occupied by another player).

Twente took away his captain's band due to his lack of discipline.

He asked to be transferred from Twente to another team when the coach told him that he had to defend too, not just attack.

In a press conference he said about his teammates that "They were bad and inexperienced and they didn't have the same level. I get bored just being able to pass the ball to two or three."

When the Netherlands called him up, on the first day of concentration he argued and insulted the coach Van Basten (which is why the Netherlands did not call him again and declared himself eligible for Morocco).

In his penultimate year at Ajax, he argued with the board, he was suspended from employment and salary and the club withdrew his number '10' shirt because they considered him unworthy to wear that number.

Today, he is away from the Moroccan team and for many months he has not been with the team and he will not do so with this coach.

A gem.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I couldn't like Ziyech less. I will not question his soccer skills (although I will question his regularity), but he is a player who has had serious problems (and sometimes nonsense) in all the teams he has been in and with all technicians.

He refused to play for Feyenoord early in his career because they didn't want to give him the number 10 shirt (occupied by another player).

Twente took away his captain's band due to his lack of discipline.

He asked to be transferred from Twente to another team when the coach told him that he had to defend too, not just attack.

In a press conference he said about his teammates that "They were bad and inexperienced and they didn't have the same level. I get bored just being able to pass the ball to two or three."

When the Netherlands called him up, on the first day of concentration he argued and insulted the coach Van Basten (which is why the Netherlands did not call him again and declared himself eligible for Morocco).

In his penultimate year at Ajax, he argued with the board, he was suspended from employment and salary and the club withdrew his number '10' shirt because they considered him unworthy to wear that number.

Today, he is away from the Moroccan team and for many months he has not been with the team and he will not do so with this coach.

A gem.

Even more of a prick off the pitch than on it, which is quite the achievement.

• Like 1

BTW am I the only one who doesn’t really get Jesus’s move to Arsenal, from his perspective? There’s no guarantee Haaland will hit the ground running at Man City and I just don’t see it as the most positive move for him ahead of the World Cup.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Only scored six goals or something at Southampton. One for the future I suppose 

In fairness he only had 22 starts, and the rest of his apps were 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there. Also, listening to some Southampton fans talking it's apparent that in the second half of the season their team in general were creating far fewer chances. 

19 minutes ago, Craig said:

BTW am I the only one who doesn’t really get Jesus’s move to Arsenal, from his perspective? There’s no guarantee Haaland will hit the ground running at Man City and I just don’t see it as the most positive move for him ahead of the World Cup.

His departure seems fine to me. I think that Haaland is going to play and that normally he does it very well, but what's more, if Álvarez stays and doesn't go out on loan, he's a striker completely in the style that Guardiola likes.

Broja seems like he has everything you’d want out of a young striker, even if his goal record wasn’t great last year. Got all the physical side of the game. He’s definitely got massive potential IMO. He’ll love it if we’re going to be playing from the front.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Like 2

Tielemans, Broja, Diaby would be a nice end to the window. Not sure about Tielemans like. His talent isn't in question of course, but he seemed to be agitating to leave Leicester, most likely because he thought that he was better than them, which in fairness you can't really argue, at least on last season's showing from them. If the aforementioned is the case then he likely wouldn't see us as anything more than a sideways move, so if he did come it would likely be mostly for the money. Plus I don't see how we could afford Tielemans plus a striker and wide right forward/winger. Perhaps if we could get Broja on loan, which Chelsea might be willing to do, and then structure the payments for Diaby and Tielemans. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

I have a feeling that Haaland may struggle tbh.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season