Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

:lol: I never get it when people say that, it was similar when Bruno come in and journalists would say it - drop any of them ffs. Shelvey isn’t a good player because he doesn’t give a fuck, he turns up for 3 games max per season, a Joe, Tielemans, and Bruno midfield would be brilliant. Compare Tielemans work rate, defensive ability and movement on and off the ball to Shelvey and it’s a total no brainer ffs. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

Just now, Polarboy said:

Just read that Tielemans is in the last 12 months of his contract, so we could possibly get him for closer to 30m than 50m or over. 

Do It GIF by Breaking Bad

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I have a feeling that Haaland may struggle tbh.

£50 says he scores 30+ in all competitions.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 2

Target 'will sign' for Arsenal if fee agreed, 'genuine' Man Utd interest, while Newcastle 'could enter' - Football365

Supposedly Arsenal have been working on the deal for a year, and have already agreed personal terms with Tielemans, so if they put a bid that's acceptable to Leicester in, then he'll almost certainly sign for them. So as it stands other teams interest in him hinges on whether or not Arsenal decide to pull the trigger on a concrete bid. There's also conflicting reports as to whether Arsenal are still interested, or have taken a step back from the deal. 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Simple, you persuade him he starts with  Shelvey on the bench. Shouldn’t take that much convincing 

Aye. Just what I thought. It’s not exactly a secret we’d want an upgrade on Shelvey. 

• Like 1

Looks like the source was a Spanish journalist and we finished in the bottom half last year so maybe? 

He’d be some player to have as CF and cover for the wings tbh. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Howay said:

Looks like the source was a Spanish journalist and we finished in the bottom half last year so maybe? 

I honestly don't believe we'd pay his wages, given we seem to be being really careful about keeping a structure in place.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ewerk said:

£50 says he scores 30+ in all competitions.

Getting 30+ goals in the Carabao Cup would be some achievement. Settle those expectations.

:cuppa:

43 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I honestly don't believe we'd pay his wages, given we seem to be being really careful about keeping a structure in place.

Aye bit of a stumbling block. There’s a good chance it’s Leeds anyway with the money they have coming in. 

6 hours ago, Howay said:

Would any lower ranked prem teams have room in their wage structure for him? He's reaching the stage of his career where he's not going to want to step down in wages and the reports on what he's on now have him on £230K a week..... Perhaps those reports aren't accurate.

18 hours ago, Craig said:

BTW am I the only one who doesn’t really get Jesus’s move to Arsenal, from his perspective? There’s no guarantee Haaland will hit the ground running at Man City and I just don’t see it as the most positive move for him ahead of the World Cup.

What reason do you not see Harland hitting the ground running? He scored a hat-trick in 23 minutes on his dortmund debut.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season