Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

5 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Sorry I do agree with your point, but HassenBITCH and high calibre football knowledge 😂

😂 He is a complete tit but he's a decent coach to have seen Southampton to safety for the past few years, given how relatively tight they are with transfer funds, and just generally being a selling club. And then you just have to compare him to Merson etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Even if you put £50m on last season's accounts, they're still in a financial hole. So even if some of the £350m loss could be attributed to COVID for the previous 3yr period, they haven't suddenly made £200m profit to get them back within the £100m loss for this new 3yr period, right?

It all really depends on the contracts signed by their most expensive transfers. Everton haven't spend huge sums since the £183m they spunked in 2017. All those transfers fees will be spread over the length of the contracts which were signed five years ago and so could now be fully expensed. They've got rid of Digne, Kean and James who would have all been on big wages.

But basically I haven't got a clue.

• Like 2

He knows nowt. Plus he caveats everything with open ended comments  so he can turn around and say eg "well I did say that he was really pricey but nufc decided to pay it." 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 4

😂 He added another caveat by mentioning that if we get someone on loan it would free up money for Diaby. Basically he's done the same math we've done on us maybe getting Broja on loan. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

balls like peas 

What's not to like there? Get paid a shit ton to underachieve in an unbalanced misfit team of primadonnas.

Just now, wykikitoon said:

If Chelsea go for Ronaldo is that a line for Broja to go? 

He was one of the greatest footballers of all time but seriously anyone interested in him now will be doing it almost entirely for the PR of it because it's quite clear that he's not a positive influence on the pitch.

30 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

"Lots of plates spinning but I have no idea what these plates are'

"All I know is that they can hold a roast chicken the next time I need to pretend that I missed a development that contradicts my previous tweets."

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

24 goals last year. Think he gets unfair criticism.

Plus id sign him even if it is just to raise our profile for a year.

I don't think he gets that much criticism? Where are you hearing it? He's still a fantastic player even without his explosive pace. He's 37 but plays like he's 30. His wages would be insane, I'd hate it if we signed him. We don't need to raise our profile like that, we need to raise our football team which will raise our profile.

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Struggling to find this on their twitter feed so I would take it with a pinch of salt!

same. 

newcastle 360 picked it up but no sign of it on the CBS twitter account so fuck knows 

Ronaldo? It'd be completely the wrong signing for the blueprint we're establishing and we need to avoid him like the plague. Fantastic player maybe, but it's all about him. The superb dressing room harmony that Howe has spent the last 8 months harnessing would be in pieces. 

• Like 1

There has been nothing about Diaby in the German press indicating that Leverkusen will sell him. They just said at the weekend that they haven’t received an offer, didn’t set an asking price and expect him to stay as they don’t want to sell him.

:lol: Everton being Everton. So they want to spend a load of money they barely have, why not spend it on a central striker - doesn’t matter that the best player you have on your books is also a central striker, planning schmanning. 

They also previously turned down Chelsea’s offer of money + Broja for Richarlison, so I can’t see Chelsea jumping at this one (nor the player).

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season