Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

still think he's a good defender. he's more than good enough to get into a physical tussle with the lower/mid table sides and always looked competent in the middle of a back three with schar and fede wither side of him. i'm happy enough to keep him as fourth choice. he just panics with the ball at his feet and isn't as strong in a two, particularly when players run off his shoulder 

Edited by Dr Gloom

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Can we not send the U23s, with this lot, off for a game against the "Embassy" 11?

Watch these cunts beg to sign for a championship club when they are told they're in the team!

Edited by sammynb
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Gazumped incoming! 

if there's any truth in that i doubt he's coming to us. he's not going to snub the chance to play for man city, surely 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

if there's any truth in that i doubt he's coming to us. he's not going to snub the chance to play for man city, surely 

Bruno has promised a 3 up 

• Haha 3

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Probably because it's bollocks that Citeh are interested, plus it's not as if Jesus has good things to say about playing for Pep.

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Interesting to note Shelvey was in the side that day too but doesn't seem to come in for half the shit Lascelles does. 

Never understood why this cunt has gotten so many clean slates. Rafa had him sussed.

As for Lascelles, sorry but time to move him on. We'd be better off blooding some of the young'uns if we get that desperate. The captaincy needs to go the Trips this season and nice guy or not, Jamal is worth more now than after 12 months of him sitting on the bench.

• Like 1

I think Lascelles has bulked up too much and it’s impacted his mobility and how quickly he can turn etc. Especially as he didn’t need it. Playing under Bruce hasn’t helped like. I’ve got time for him because he’s shown some good form in the past, is still young and also due to the attitude / commitment Craig alludes to

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Never understood why this cunt has gotten so many clean slates. Rafa had him sussed.

As for Lascelles, sorry but time to move him on. We'd be better off blooding some of the young'uns if we get that desperate. The captaincy needs to go the Trips this season and nice guy or not, Jamal is worth more now than after 12 months of him sitting on the bench.

Totally agree Trippier should be made captain and I agree with your sentiments regarding Lascelles being moved on - half expected him to go back to Forest tbh. It's the shit that's levelled at him by sections of our fans I have issue with. It's not warranted. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think Lascelles has bulked up too much and it’s impacted his mobility and how quickly he can turn etc. Especially as he didn’t need it. Playing under Bruce hasn’t helped like. I’ve got time for him because he’s shown some good form in the past, is still young and also due to the attitude / commitment Craig alludes to

image.png.7e4dfa86506def127a9b7907306a1581.png

• Haha 6

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2022/07/06/toon-target-left-out-of-pre-season-tour-player-to-push-for-move-after-interest-from-newcastle-everton-and-west-ham-report/

If these reports from Albania are true about Broja, then we could see some movement on him earlier than expected. It would be ideal if we could get him on loan early, and put everything we have in going after Diaby. 

Newcastle United submit £35m bid for Everton star Gordon - Sources (footballinsider247.com)

Not sure about paying 35m on this kid if this report holds any truth. Then again I'm not a football scout, and haven't been closely following his performances and stats. Conte supposedly wanted to do a double deal with Everton and bring Gordon along with Richarlison, so it seems people of reputable reputation in the game see something in Gordon. 

Edited by Polarboy

54 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Clutching at straws most likely, but perhaps this is a tactic from the club to try and make Leverkusen shift a little bit on their valuation of Diaby. 

Might be something in your point tbf, we’ve clearly turned attention to Diaby and have been linked to Olise and Gordon this week. Think it’s showing we have other options. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Howay said:

Might be something in your point tbf, we’ve clearly turned attention to Diaby and have been linked to Olise and Gordon this week. Think it’s showing we have other options. 

PSG aren't really after selling Diaby though (from what I've read) so that tactic isn't really going to work in this instance. More likely we're pursuing other avenues for when we realise that PSG won't budge in their evaluation.

Gordon though? FFS, I'd rather not.

4 minutes ago, MrBass said:

PSG aren't really after selling Diaby though (from what I've read) so that tactic isn't really going to work in this instance. More likely we're pursuing other avenues for when we realise that PSG won't budge in their evaluation.

Gordon though? FFS, I'd rather not.

I'm telling you right now, if we gave PSG anything for the signing of Moussa Diaby, they'd accept it and laugh all the way to the bank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season