Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

19 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Am I missing something about Asensio? His numbers don't seem all that impressive given he's been playing for arguably the top team in Spain, and one of the top teams in Europe. I know he's been in and out of the side, so perhaps he's been unable to build up some momentum. Then again if his transfer fee is what's being reported, as in 20-25m, then he's well worth the very marginal risk. 

12 goals from out wide last season. Would you rather have him or Almiron/Murphy 

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

12 goals from out wide last season. Would you rather have him or Almiron/Murphy 

I literally said in the comment that he's well worth the reported fee. In any case people seem to think that it's most likely a case of Asensio's agent leaking to the media, and trying to get him a new Madrid contract, so it's all likely a moot point. 

• Like 1

spanish international. his stats from the past few years at real are decent for a winger

Real Madrid 2016–17[59] La Liga 23 3 6 3 8[a] 3 1[b] 1 38 10
2017–18[59] La Liga 32 6 5 2 12[a] 1 4[c] 2 53 11
2018–19[59] La Liga 30 1 5 3 7[a] 2 2[d] 0 44 6
2019–20[59] La Liga 9 3 0 0 1[a] 0 0 0 10 3
2020–21[59] La Liga 35 5 1 0 11[a] 2 1 0 48 7
2021–22[59] La Liga 31 10 2 1 8[a] 1 1[e] 0 42 12
Total 160 28 19 9 47 9 9 3 235 49

I mean we may have to accept that we’re in the market for Real Madrid rejects at this stage of the project rather than the likes of Raphina, Diaby, Sterling etc. He would still be a class above most of the shite we’ve signed in recent years, you’d expect. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I mean we may have to accept that we’re in the market for Real Madrid rejects at this stage of the project rather than the likes of Raphina, Diaby, Sterling etc. He would still be a class above most of the shite we’ve signed in recent years, you’d expect. 

He's far from a Real Madrid reject! Though of the major leagues it would be a coin flip between La Liga and Serie A for me as to which is most dissimilar to the Premier League.

It's hard to dislike Gayle, did the business in the Championship but just not good enough to replicate anything like the same form in the PL.

Good luck to him.

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Apparently Gayle to Brum.

Should have went last season, he'd be back in the PL if they of had someone who could finish.

42 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Exactly and messed about by Brewcie too

And so he heads to the land of Cabbage once more?!??

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Should have went last season, he'd be back in the PL if they of had someone who could finish.

And so he heads to the land of Cabbage once more?!??

Wants to be close for a cuddle 

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season