Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

9 hours ago, sammynb said:

Who said big name players? They will have been given a timeline of where the club wants to be and without some more goal scoring prowess from the next level up from what we already have, Botman and Bruno will know that what they have been sold will not be meeting their expectations. Everyone can see we need a better class of forwards to make that next step.

By big name players, what I meant is players that will help us make the next step. I see the likes of Botman, Trippier,  and Bruno as big names for us. I also see the need to make the next step up front. I can also see them being sold a vision for the future but I don't think they will be that concerned if we waited until January or even next summer to get the right type of player. The improvement up front will help the team overall but will not make the difference between silverware this year. I also think we need to remember that we are less than 12 months into the new ownership. It is not like people were sold a dream 3 years ago that seems to have gone nowhere. 

45 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Midfield of Bruno-Joelinton-Maddison is absolutely tug-worthy. Shelvey, Willock and Longstaff are fully dependable back-ups as well

I’d rather have Paqueta but that is a statement signing 

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Different positions. Maddison would play wide of a front 3. Paqueta is a CM

You’ve convinced me. Let’s get both

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Different positions. Maddison would play wide of a front 3. Paqueta is a CM

they have both played wide and as a number 10

1 minute ago, Alex said:

You’ve convinced me. Let’s get both

yeah. And Tielemans while we’re at it. 

are Leicester fucked for cash or something?They’ve bought next to no one. Could be a good club to raid as they’ve got some quality players 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

are Leicester fucked for cash or something?They’ve bought next to no one. Could be a good club to raid as they’ve got some quality players who might fancy playing for a big club.

FYP 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Not to be a grumpy twat, but at the minute we can file this one alongside Diaby and Isak under "below market bids for players clubs don't want to sell"

The way we’ve operated lately, unless they’re having a medical, I assume it’s either a long way from a possible conclusion or just an unsubstantiated rumour. You’d be surprised if we weren’t in for at least a couple more players though. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

are Leicester fucked for cash or something?They’ve bought next to no one. Could be a good club to raid as they’ve got some quality players 

I think it’s their wage bill that’s the problem. They need to sell before they can buy.

Maddison would be an epic signing. Him, Bruno and Joe as the midfield three would be quality. You can imagine him and Bruno taking turns at making attacking runs into the box. And a big plus is that Maddison can play in a number of attacking positions. Let's see what happens, but I can't see him going for less than 55-60m, which may rule us out given we are seemingly unwilling to pay that for Diaby. As people have said this may have been leaked by Leicester in order to try and start a bidding war. Based on the business already done and teams needs, I'd imagine it's down to us and Spurs. Arsenal were linked, but they backed out of Paqueta because they've bought that Viera kid. I suppose Man U could be in for him as well.  

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Maddison would be an epic signing. Him, Bruno and Joe as the midfield three would be quality. You can imagine him and Bruno taking turns at making attacking runs into the box. And a big plus is that Maddison can play in a number of attacking positions. Let's see what happens, but I can't see him going for less than 55-60m, which may rule us out given we are seemingly unwilling to pay that for Diaby. As people have said this may have been leaked by Leicester in order to try and start a bidding war. Based on the business already done and teams needs, I'd imagine it's down to us and Spurs. Arsenal were linked, but they backed out of Paqueta because they've bought that Viera kid. I suppose Man U could be in for him as well.  

Not a cat in hells chance we play him in a midfield 3. He's Murphy/Almiron's replacement 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Kiss of death

:lol: thought to be keen is vague in itself but I like how they’ve put that in quotes to add an extra layer of detachment from substance 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

So he spoke to his colleague to make sure it was 100% 😂

Read it on Twitter more like. 

• Haha 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season