Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

I'm not sure if I like Cornet or not. I think he can be a good bench player, but we need a starting player on the right wing (And Cornet plays better on the left). I think that, as a starting player, he falls short for the project, and as a revulsive player, he does not improve much what Almirón or Fraser can give us.

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Maybe you're already aware, but that twitter feed is a windup. Leicester did see Ricardo and Barnes go off injured, but Maddison wasn't as far as I'm aware. No mention of it on Sky at least, and if he had of went off on a stretcher they would have. 

Rogers asked about Maddison after their final preseason game:

“He’s still very much a player here,” Rodgers said after the 1-0 win over Sevilla in City’s final pre-season friendly. “Naturally the players are sought after because they are talents.

“You see his performance, you see how happy he is and he’s not a player we want to sell. It’s not for me to put valuations on the players, it’s not my side, but that might just cover three-quarters of his left leg, that price. He’s a top player.”

Trying to up his price, or actually means it when he says they don't want to sell?

Edited by Polarboy

15 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Maybe you're already aware, but that twitter feed is a windup. Leicester did see Ricardo and Barnes go off injured, but Maddison wasn't as far as I'm aware. No mention of it on Sky at least, and if he had of went off on a stretcher they would have. 

Yeah, of course I was aware. I was errr… sharing it ironically, all a big larf. :unsure:

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Sounds like Brenda has conceded he's going 

I don’t think his words mean anything either way. I think they were just carefully chosen / saying all the right things. Although I’d rather your interpretation was correct 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

Would have been easier to shut the speculation down and say "he's not going anywhere this window, he's not for sale". 

"Putting valuations on players isn't my job"

"That wouldn't buy 3/4 of his left leg"

suggests he has a price...

• Like 2

When managers start talking about fees not covering one of their players legs, it does largely seem to be code for we'll sell but not for the price they're currently offering. If Rogers wanted to he could have said definitively Maddison's not for sale, and he'll be playing for us in this upcoming season. That's my interpretation at least, but only time will tell obviously.  

22 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I don't get what has happened to Fede. My memory is not too sharp but am I right in saying he played 1 game under Howe as a sub and from what I remember he did well. 

There were rumours of long covid but no idea if there's any substance to them. Although I think the sequence was that he played that 1 game, looked good, got covid, and then never played again so it sort of adds up. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Let me guess, we've offered £40m but he's valued at £60m? 

Don't buy into the crap that get spouted and the speculated values. Truth is we offered a structured £35m deal with £5m in add-ons and they're looking for £55-65m.

11 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

Didn't he go off injured yesterday? 

Apparently he's ok. Something to do with his knee. Just taken off as a precaution.  Anything more than that would no doubt show up on a medical if it gets that far 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season