Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Right, you, ya knacker, I'll tell you something right here, right now. Saying something's not adding up isn't the same as saying "They've got loads of fringe players on big contracts".

So stick that up your bollocks

Dave, mate, I understand how things might be difficult for you for you on here, what with a book writing Iberian genius regularly showing you up, let alone some Neanderthal who thinks xG is some sort of upgrade on a Fiesta xr2. But if we look at what you actually said it tells a rather different story (please see graphic attached)

Now that certainly isn’t verbatim, but it’s pretty much what I said two days before you . I was aware of gossip about Schmeichel and Vardy and when I saw Fofana heavily linked with a move I thought there was something on. No one , including you, knew the contract situation till the Leicester lad came on here and put us in the picture. I don’t want or need an apology Dave, I want you to calm down for the benefit of the whole forum but chiefly yourself, or you’ll end up with a central heating pump where your ticker should be like that other self regarding drama queen who inhabits these parts. 

AF2B7E54-2219-45D4-B165-7B7C636A9F22.jpeg

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Dave, mate, I understand how things might be difficult for you for you on here, what with a book writing Iberian genius regularly showing you up, let alone some Neanderthal who thinks xG is some sort of upgrade on a Fiesta xr2. But if we look at what you actually said it tells a rather different story (please see graphic attached)

Now that certainly isn’t verbatim, but it’s pretty much what I said two days before you . I was aware of gossip about Schmeichel and Vardy and when I saw Fofana heavily linked with a move I thought there was something on. No one , including you, knew the contract situation till the Leicester lad came on here and put us in the picture. I don’t want or need an apology Dave, I want you to calm down for the benefit of the whole forum but chiefly yourself, or you’ll end up with a central heating pump where your ticker should be like that other self regarding drama queen who inhabits these parts. 

Not 3hrs after that post I put this out there for all the world to see;

On 03/08/2022 at 14:20, The Fish said:

No, surely more going on. They've got space to do deals. They're talking about a squad with too many, well paid, fringe players who're proving difficult to move on. Leicester don't want to sell any of the player I mentioned above, but they can't shift the dross.

Honestly, I think after Fofana and Schmeichel are definitely going. Tielemans is next most likely, depending on the asking price and interested parties. He only has 1 year left on his deal (c£120k pw) so would be easier to get for a reasonable price than Maddison. However Maddison will be the more attractive target. 

The difference between you and me? I am right and I do want an apology.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Not 3hrs after that post I put this out there for all the world to see;

The difference between you and me? I am right and I do want an apology.

Always with the details Dave, well done you  :lol:

I still knew there was trouble at the crisp munchers days before you mate. Sorry you feel bad about that 😘

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Always with the details Dave, well done you  :lol:

I still knew there was trouble at the crisp munchers days before you mate. Sorry you feel bad about that 😘

Knowing and saying ain't the same thing. 

Like, I know I'm a pretty cool guy, but I don't say it.

FUCKING SAFETY WINK 

;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

This post was going really well until the very end. Now you've got TWO mortal enemies. 

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This post was going really well until the very end. Now you've got TWO mortal enemies. 

It'll be like Gulliver versus a Lilliputian tag team

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

PL just hearing the news about his two mortal enemies......

SouthernComfort_BeachCommercial_YouTube.

• Haha 4

Newcastle eyeing ‘next Sadio Mane’ as Senegal star becomes available at cut-price fee - Report | NUFC blog – Newcastle United blog – NUFC Fixtures, News and Forum.

90min were right about our interest in Ekitike, so perhaps they are right again. As NUFC blog point out he does fit the profile we're looking for, young, plenty of potential, and can play a number of different attacking positions. 

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Newcastle eyeing ‘next Sadio Mane’ as Senegal star becomes available at cut-price fee - Report | NUFC blog – Newcastle United blog – NUFC Fixtures, News and Forum.

90min were right about our interest in Ekitike, so perhaps they are right again. As NUFC blog point out he does fit the profile we're looking for, young, plenty of potential, and can play a number of different attacking positions. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/bamba-dieng/leistungsdaten/spieler/822458/saison//plus/1#gesamt

hope we give him a miss

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer
  • Jaysus... 1

3 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

😂 Based on what? He's a 22 year old who's only made 11 starts and has 7 goals and 3 assists. Now there's very little data to base anything on if you are just going by his experience in a top level league, but people like Ashworth have knowledge of players from before they even sign professional contracts, and have data analysts pouring over their numbers. If they buy him, if indeed were are even interested, it's because they think he has a lot of potential, with some likening him to Sadio Mane, and he's supposedly going to be fairly cheap in terms of fee and wages. 

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

hat doffed to you @Polarboy, there cant be a kid anywhere in the world, no matter how many times he's even kicked a football, that you aren't aware of.

is there nowt to do in donegal?

:)

He’s just Googles them ;) 

57 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

😂 Based on what? He's a 22 year old who's only made 11 starts and has 7 goals and 3 assists. Now there's very little data to base anything on if you are just going by his experience in a top level league, but people like Ashworth have knowledge of players from before they even sign professional contracts, and have data analysts pouring over their numbers. If they buy him, if indeed were are even interested, it's because they think he has a lot of potential, with some likening him to Sadio Mane, and he's supposedly going to be fairly cheap in terms of fee and wages. 

Based on his current track record.

He's a CF that can play RW and LW. Last season at 22 was his first time that he's played at a top level and even then he was a squad player and not a starter. 

Before that he played 1 season with 5 games total in the second team in the French fourth division.

Before that he was playing in Senegal.

Nothing really suggesting he's ready to come in to the EPL, we've got Woods as back up, who has been underwhelming so far but I think hes decent, so where does Bamba come in? Is he starting at RW?

Lastly this sure as fuck isnt the face of a 22 year old. :lol::lol: More like a 26 year old.  

822458-1631530108.jpg?lm=1

429474.jpg

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer

31 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Based on his current track record.

He's a CF that can play RW and LW. Last season at 22 was his first time that he's played at a top level and even then he was a squad player and not a starter. 

Before that he played 1 season with 5 games total in the second team in the French fourth division.

Before that he was playing in Senegal.

Nothing really suggesting he's ready to come in to the EPL, we've got Woods as back up, who has been underwhelming so far but I think hes decent, so where does Bamba come in? Is he starting at RW?

Lastly this sure as fuck isnt the face of a 22 year old. :lol::lol: More like a 26 year old.  

822458-1631530108.jpg?lm=1

429474.jpg

Well I would defer to people like Ashworth and Howe when it comes to who they think has potential. As for his age I'm going to assume that he's 22, and there's plenty of players who were plucked from the lower leagues at a relatively old age to be discovered who went on to be top class players. Ian wright and Jamie Vardy come to mind. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season