Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

I do recall people praising Pedro as a prospect last time Watford were up. It might make sense given it's going to be hard to get someone with potential, can come into the team, has experience in the PL, but would be happy to be Wilson's understudy. If we did get someone like Pedro we'd really need to go all out for another goal scoring attacker who can immediately improve the team. 

25 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'm firmly in the bed wetter camp now mind :lol: 

It’s not really bed wetting as I think we will comfortably finish mid table with the squad we have.

It will though imo be a bit of a wasted season as addressing the right wing and another striker would have us probably around 7th.

A 7th sort of season would keep our quality players happy and make it easier to attract players next year.

Lets hope they can sort something out before the window closes.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

It’s not really bed wetting as I think we will comfortably finish mid table with the squad we have.

It will though imo be a bit of a wasted season as addressing the right wing and another striker would have us probably around 7th.

A 7th sort of season would keep our quality players happy and make it easier to attract players next year.

Lets hope they can sort something out before the window closes.

I understand where this thinking is coming from tbh but I also think it's fair to say that the owners and management team at the club have done more scenario planning, strategic thinking, player expectation alignment and general management of the situation and likely outcomes for the season than most of our fans have probably ever done over anything in their entire lives.

Do we think they are incompetent, or competent? If it's the latter, then we have to trust that they have weighed what you have just said already, and are operating in the club's best interests across the balance of that situation. If it's the former, then you're right to mention it but honestly we have bigger problems than just who signs...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I understand where this thinking is coming from tbh but I also think it's fair to say that the owners and management team at the club have done more scenario planning, strategic thinking, player expectation alignment and general management of the situation and likely outcomes for the season than most of our fans have probably ever done over anything in their entire lives.

Do we think they are incompetent, or competent? If it's the latter, then we have to trust that they have weighed what you have just said already, and are operating in the club's best interests across the balance of that situation. If it's the former, then you're right to mention it but honestly we have bigger problems than just who signs...

It’s not a case of blaming anyone. It’s just a fact that missing out on these two upgrades (if we do), will slant how good our season will be imo.

Moving up to the next rung of the quality ladder is going to be tough, but I'd rather we were patient and only spent money on quality with potential, as opposed to the Everton etc approach of overpaying for players who are the shortsighted flavour of the week at the time they were signed. 40m for the Icelandic nonce for example. If we overpay now we could very easily miss the opportunity to spend money on real quality later if we max out our FFP. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Moving up to the next rung of the quality ladder is going to be tough, but I'd rather we were patient and only spent money on quality with potential, as opposed to the Everton etc approach of overpaying for players who are the shortsighted flavour of the week at the time they were signed. 40m for the Icelandic nonce for example. If we overpay now we could very easily miss the opportunity to spend money on real quality later if we max out our FFP. 

It’s not necessarily tough as we’ve seen with Trippier, Botman, Pope, Burn, Target and Bruno.

Hopefully we can pick up a couple of loans in the last week.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season