Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Yet we've offered £25m + £5m in add ons for Pedro? I admit I know nowt about Pedro, but going on stats alone, and for someone who's ready to drop straight into the first team, I don't know why we didn't just offer £30m for Harrison in the first place?

Going by the rumours it seems we might actually be after a centre mid given Shelvey's injury. His injury might turn out to be a blessing in disguise if we can get in a quality player tailormade for that position sitting in front of the defence. Bruno could get back to scaring the opposition shitless with his late runs into their box. No offence to Shelvey obviously, but he was always getting replaced at some point. Plus if he doesn't play those three games his contract doesn't get extended. We've had that Mexican lad off Ajax, Alvarez linked, and now some lad called Kone off Monchengladbach. My hope is that we know we're getting a loan off Chelsea most likely to cover the wide position, so Pedro and one of these two, or maybe even another unnamed centre mid, will be two permanents we get in. 

Edited by Polarboy

7 hours ago, tinofbeans said:

looking at really consistent premier league performers, wondering why we haven't taken a look at Leandro Trossard. he is in great form and causes all sorts of problems and is very consistent. also only 12 months on his contract.... 

We might fancy our chances at nicking him for nowt if he's running down his contract. 

Just now, Toonpack said:

Paquetta rumours off on a run again !!

Wonder if the big cheese saw enough yesterday and thought "fuck it, let's do this"

If those rumours are true I think it was always likely the case they we'd bid for Paqueta late in the window, if a late final bid for Maddison is rejected. 

So Paqueta shits all over him in every aspect, would be cheaper and has played alongside Bruno in the past. Complete no-brainer for me

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Craig said:

So Paqueta shits all over him in every aspect, would be cheaper and has played alongside Bruno in the past. Complete no-brainer for me

Yeah but those stats are from Ligue 1. Maddison has proven himself in the PL which adds value obviously. Paqueta could very well come into the PL and replicate those stats or even improve upon them given he's still relatively young, then again he may not. 

• Like 3

That 10% sell on owed to Fluminense that another poster mentioned was probably the sticking point, which is probably why Watford are now getting a 10% sell on fee. Wilson having tight hamstring really brought into focus again, not that it needed to, how crucial it we have someone like Pedro in the squad. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Polarboy I could not be happier that you're the man bringing this news to the board. A well earned signing. 

In fairness MMXXVIII in the post before mentioned that Romano had made an update, I merely posted the tweet 😂 👍

Hope here to pour some lukewarm piss on our jubilation. Of course this tweet is perfect in terms of seeming to be really in the know, and when/if the deal goes through nobody can say he lied or didn't know what was happening. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season