Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Howe's being reported as saying other PL clubs are taking the piss out of us in the transfer market, making it difficult for us to take their players etc. He keeps his counsel on anything remotely controversial so I'm assuming there's some truth to it. 

• Like 1

I'm sure other clubs are making the actual transfers more difficult than they need to be, and not doing us favours in terms of loans, but in terms of transfer fees it's hard to be believe we are getting any more ripped off than Chelsea and Man U. 

5 hours ago, Polarboy said:

I'm sure other clubs are making the actual transfers more difficult than they need to be, and not doing us favours in terms of loans, but in terms of transfer fees it's hard to be believe we are getting any more ripped off than Chelsea and Man U. 

Man utd have had their sphincter ripped open, chewed on and spat out by Ajax over Antony. The Fofana deal for Chelsea also seems ludicrous. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Hopefully when Rodgers gets sacked and there's a mass exodus we can get him for a more reasonable fee.

We are only an Almiron and Willock replacement away from being a match for anyone. 

Does the evidence of Howe’s tenure including the first month of this season not suggest we are a match for anyone? What you’re correctly suggesting is that we need better squad depth. We’re not going to wipe out 14 years of neglect in two windows. Some people are having difficulty accepting that though….

• Like 5

I was thinking before that Maddison and Tielemans would massively improve our depth / options. If the former’s a possibility then the latter (with only 6 months left on his contract) would be even more so. When you look at Leicester they might’ve missed a trick in August. Letting them go for about £80m would’ve been a blow for the fans but it might’ve allowed the squad rebuilding they appear to need. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Just heard this on the radio. It's only short-term bench cover I guess but minds do automatically get cast back to that CL final in 2018.

Just now, Andrew said:

Hes a good keeper tbh, that one game totally ruined his reputation which is rough.

Excellent backup option

From what I remember he was pretty decent throughout that season for Liverpool. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season