Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

12 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

No other team in the prem seems to give a flying fuck about ffp.

My BIL still bangs on about how Forest have free reign because of windfall of money.  Despite having no shirt sponsor etc.  They need to start winning soon too! 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

My BIL still bangs on about how Forest have free reign because of windfall of money.  Despite having no shirt sponsor etc.  They need to start winning soon too! 

Forest are fucked, they'll be out of the football league due to bankruptcy within two years.

£250000/wk for Lingard will be the nail in the coffin for them.

20 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Aye. Diaby and Maddison would be terrific, take us immediately to another level as attacking force. Would cost around $120M though, doubt we will or can splurge that in Jan.

Getting Maddison should be easier in January than it was in the Summer. Maddison will have 1 1/2 yrs left on his contract (Tielemans 6 months). Rodgers is already talking like he's expecting the sweet sweet pay off. The unrest in their squad is only getting worse. They're getting pumped by the better teams, fine, that can happen. But they've not kept a clean sheet, they've not won, their only point came at home to Brentford on the first day of the season and they were 2-0 up with half an hour to go.

20 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Getting Maddison should be easier in January than it was in the Summer. Maddison will have 1 1/2 yrs left on his contract (Tielemans 6 months). Rodgers is already talking like he's expecting the sweet sweet pay off. The unrest in their squad is only getting worse. They're getting pumped by the better teams, fine, that can happen. But they've not kept a clean sheet, they've not won, their only point came at home to Brentford on the first day of the season and they were 2-0 up with half an hour to go.

I don’t see why it will be easier to get Maddison in January. Leicester will still be in a relegation battle and won’t want to lose one of the few players who have been performing for them this season. Why cash in on a top young player for £60m when relegation will cost you much more than that? Plus the player can wait until the summer when he’ll have a raft of decent sides after him.

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don’t see why it will be easier to get Maddison in January. Leicester will still be in a relegation battle and won’t want to lose one of the few players who have been performing for them this season. Why cash in on a top young player for £60m when relegation will cost you much more than that? Plus the player can wait until the summer when he’ll have a raft of decent sides after him.

Maddison will be more unsettled. I didn't ay it would be easy, just easier to get him in January than it was in the Summer. In the summer window Leicester could well have gone on to have a good start, although it didn't look good from the outside, perhaps there was a hope that he was clinging to that it wouldn't be that bad. 

All of which makes Leicester less inclined to sell him. We’ve already seen with Tielemans that the club won’t be bullied into selling so Leicester won’t sell unless it’s the right deal for them and given that Maddison is even more important to them now than he was in August there’s no chance of them letting him go.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

All of which makes Leicester less inclined to sell him. We’ve already seen with Tielemans that the club won’t be bullied into selling so Leicester won’t sell unless it’s the right deal for them and given that Maddison is even more important to them now than he was in August there’s no chance of them letting him go.

Maddison wasn't agitating for a move as much as he's likely to, come January. Leicester are on a downward spiral, we, on the other hand, are upwardly mobile. You're not wrong, he could get a move come the end of the season, but that's 6 months at a failing club. 6 months where he could be the difference between Europe and not. The bed wetting pessimist in me agrees with you, he's not going to sign for us and when the end of the season rolls by he'll fuck off to Manchester United, or wherever. But that little coward can fuck off. 

8 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

we have spent about 100m per window so far...

Which really isnt spectacular anymore. Especially considering we're playing catch up to most premier league clubs in terms of spending. 

Not saying that's due to some fault at new management's end. As we've often discussed, it really does seem to be the most sensible approach under the circumstances. With Isak in now, you really hope we can get at least one player of Maddisson's quality in January. It could hardly be more obvious how lacking in creativity we are. 

43 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Which really isnt spectacular anymore. Especially considering we're playing catch up to most premier league clubs in terms of spending. 

Not saying that's due to some fault at new management's end. As we've often discussed, it really does seem to be the most sensible approach under the circumstances. With Isak in now, you really hope we can get at least one player of Maddisson's quality in January. It could hardly be more obvious how lacking in creativity we are. 

True, but 100m might get you Diaby and Maddison. Or it should get one of them plus Tielemens (were their clubs willing to sell)

Two of those three would massively improve us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Do the rules still allow you to negotiate a contract with a player in the last 6 months of their current contract? 

I thought that was only if the player was negotiating with a foreign team? I think it was to comply with EU law so I’m not sure if it still applies.

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season