Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Reminds me of when Marian Pahars was described on motd as the Latvian Michael Owen 

he was a less one dimensional player than owen. there is definitely something about Owen that makes me dislike him. Pahars was just a good footballer that played for an awful team. 

4 hours ago, tinofbeans said:

he was a less one dimensional player than owen. there is definitely something about Owen that makes me dislike him. Pahars was just a good footballer that played for an awful team. 

Possibly Owen not working on his weaknesses and then not having a lot to fall back on when he lost his pace? And his being a cunt (and a boring one at that). 

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Possibly Owen not working on his weaknesses and then not having a lot to fall back on when he lost his pace? And his being a cunt (and a boring one at that). 

That assumes he’d think he had any weaknesses. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That assumes he’d think he had any weaknesses. 

That’s a good point. He did but I bet he thought he was close to perfect as a striker. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What's this kid's position? Mozzarella? Parmigiana? Cheese Toasty?

Wearing the Brazilian No. 5 so I'm guessing he's in the Dunga mold. So maybe holding mid/DM?

Edit: Seems to score a few goals. That romanticised jogo bonito rhythm can't be contained by Fish's boring world of 'cheese-variety-like' labels.

Edited by toonotl
  • Haha 6

This might be the long-term Shelvey replacement to play in the number 6 role allowing Bruno to concentrate further up the field. Definitely one for the long term given his only 18.

Andrey Santos: The Next Gem From Vasco’s Academy? – Breaking The Lines

He’s formed a solid midfield trio along with the likes of Nene and Yuri Lara. With the former offering the creative spark and Yuri being a top-notch defensive midfielder, Andrey’s free to roam and do as he please playing in what managers love to call “the number 8 role”. 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season