Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

7 minutes ago, MrBass said:

PSG aren't really after selling Diaby though (from what I've read) so that tactic isn't really going to work in this instance. More likely we're pursuing other avenues for when we realise that PSG won't budge in their evaluation.

Gordon though? FFS, I'd rather not.

That’s exactly what I would say if I was them in this type of negotiation. It’s Leverkusen btw, I think if it was PSG we’d be fucked but £40m+ is a lot of money for a player even for a CL side - we just beat the Italian champions to a player because they couldn’t match our bid. I’m of course just guessing on it but it’s similar to what we saw with Botman imo, we started getting a lot of links to other CB targets and then agreed a fee with Lille. Maybe Leverkusen hold firm this time but I think what we’ve heard from both sides is possibly all part of negotiations. 

I agree on Gordon, if they were wanting £40m for him it’s not far off the ask for Diaby who is a far better player. Admittedly I don’t rate Gordon as much more than a mid table PL player so maybe others see them as closer talents, but one hit double figure goals and assists, the other put up Ryan Fraser numbers. 

• Like 1

I liked the look of Gordon (as a player obviously because he's a right ugly cunt) whenever I saw him last season.  Yes he's a pathetic diver and seems a bit of a cunt, he certainly seemed to have the stomach for a fight when very few others in that team did and he looked like he has a lot of promise.  I don't see him being worth anywhere near £35-£40m though and I can't believe we'd be willing to risk that much on him rather than paying a bit more for someone who has proven themselves much more.

Paying that much for him on what he's done in the premier league so far could be similar to what Man Utd would have done if they'd bought Longstaff for the kind of fees being talked about.

Edited by David Kelly
  • Like 2

Arsenal tried 'huge intervention' to hijack Bayer Leverkusen transfer as Newcastle watched | Football | Sport | Express.co.uk

Leverkusen have signed this Adam Hlozek kid, and he looks like he could be a replacement for Diaby given the positions he can play, and the positions Diaby has occupied for Leverkusen during his time there. Maybe I'm wrong. Not like I'm an expert on Leverkusen. 

Edited by Polarboy

Chicken nonce was saying much the same, said that Everton are unlikely to sell a top young talent, and also said that if we fail with Diaby we might go back in for Harrison. I have to say Harrison seems just, or at least very close, as unlikely has Gordon from the selling clubs perspective. 

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

if there's any truth in that i doubt he's coming to us. he's not going to snub the chance to play for man city, surely 

might not get in to their first team regularly. think its sensible. 

So a deal that isn’t happening signals the club’s intent regarding future transfers? :lol: Absolutely phoning it in now like 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

He’s desperate to beat that Harrison drum, like :lol: Starting to think that he’s got more contacts at other teams than he does Newcastle

It’s a fucking daft one to bleat on about as well, it would take a fucking absurd amount to get Harrison as they’ve already sold Phillips and look set to sell Raphinha. 

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

I'm telling you right now, if we gave PSG anything for the signing of Moussa Diaby, they'd accept it and laugh all the way to the bank.

Animated GIF

• Haha 4

Armando Broja’s stance on Newcastle move amid interest from West Ham, Everton & Southampton | NUFC blog – Newcastle United blog – NUFC Fixtures, News and Forum.

The comment down the bottom from the West Ham fan, fucking hell 😂

1. Bish
    Not a chance. He wants to stay in London, and is open to coming to the London Stadium. Stop trying to nick WH-bound players, you’re becoming embarrassing.
      (Quote)
  2. Sharpy17
    Bish – stop believing the media man. No every player is bound for WH – just like not ever player is bound for NUFC.
    We aren’t sat waiting to see who WH go for next – we couldn’t give a f@ck.
    Be hilarious if he came to SJP now though after your ‘he wants a London club claim’ – what part of London is Southampton again???

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Apparently Leeds are pushing Barca to sort out the Raphinia thing

They’ll be waiting a while :lol:, Barca don’t have any fucking money - they apparently still owe De Jong €17m in wages. Xavis just going around trying to tap everyone up and then they can’t buy anyone :lol:. No doubt we will hear that tedious La Liga president come out whinging about the price of players or something soon. 

Am I missing something about Asensio? His numbers don't seem all that impressive given he's been playing for arguably the top team in Spain, and one of the top teams in Europe. I know he's been in and out of the side, so perhaps he's been unable to build up some momentum. Then again if his transfer fee is what's being reported, as in 20-25m, then he's well worth the very marginal risk. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season