Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

22 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Kalvin Philips has apparently told family there's no way he would sign for Man Urd :lol: 

Professional mercenary Michael Owen doesn't understand this logic.

• Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Craig said:

Trying to be as objective as possible, he's decent, but he hasn't the mentality to play in a derby environment (i.e. vs NUFC) without losing his head. That is why he is not a top keeper for me.

Top keepers can perform in ANY environment.

And that's another crucial point. He sees Everton v NUFC as a derby match. Utter clown.

• Like 3

Gabriel Jesus officially leaving Citah.

We need to be all over this.

25 years old

Good amounts of goals but was never the main man.

PL proven

European experience

Brazilian
1 year left on contract

Reckon hes got something to prove 

NEED TO BE ON THIS

Just now, Gemmill said:

Arsenal are after him. We're not ready to go head to head with them yet, I don't think. 

They fucked up signing bruno tbf.

Still, hes not at a level we can get if theyre actively after him, hes worked with arteta before too

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

They fucked up signing bruno tbf.

Still, hes not at a level we can get if theyre actively after him, hes worked with arteta before too

They never actually tried to get Bruno in Jan though, did they? We might have had bother if they'd come in with a bid but they were sitting on their hands fortunately. 

2 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

25 years old

PL proven

European experience

Brazilian
1 year left on contract

NEED TO BE ON THIS

Yes please, and not just because he's recently rediscovered his scoring boots. I feel like he'd be a good fit, could work with Wilson, play in a wider role or be lone man up top with wingers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

They never actually tried to get Bruno in Jan though, did they? We might have had bother if they'd come in with a bid but they were sitting on their hands fortunately. 

They did!

6 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

25 years old

PL proven

European experience

Brazilian
1 year left on contract

NEED TO BE ON THIS

He must already have somewhere lined up otherwise why would you leave Man City? All the talk is about Arsenal although I’d assume he’d be going abroad when he announced he was away. I don’t really see us as being in the race though 

On 08/03/2022 at 02:49, Dr Gloom said:

The interesting one is going to be striker. We all love a number 9 and we need a reliable one who isn’t as injury prone as Wilson. I’d be looking to tempt Rashford away from Man U but I imagine he’d be £50-60m so there might be better value found overseas. 

This will be huge, get a big named striker in early and the rest will

pay attention. 

Man City signing Robinho changed their whole transfer strategy. That’s the sort of signing you need early 

I've only read this page, so apologies if this has been mentioned, but 90minutes are saying we're close to signing the young French lad Ekitike from Reims, on a loan with an obligation to buy season after next, plus we plan to  bring Targett on a perm for 15m which is hardly a surprise, and Lingard on a free. If we could get those three for an outlay of 15m on transfer fees for the 2022/23 summer transfer window, we'd be off to an incredible start. The room that getting Lingard and Ekitike in on a free and initial loan respectively could give us, could be crucial in terms of getting the big money centre half and centre forward in that we're also looking to get. Newcastle transfers: Hugo Ekitike, Matt Targett & Jesse Lingard headline summer plans (90min.com)

Edit. Of course Ekitike is a striker as well, but I'd be surprised if we put all our eggs in his basket given he'll only have turned 20, and not even played a full senior season in France in terms of apps by the time we sign him. Which is likely why, if the article is accurate, we are trying to get him in on an initial season loan. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Craig said:

I take what 90minutes have to say with an extremely large mountain of NaCl

I'd normally assume that as well, but wasn't Graeme Bailey, the co-writer of the article, pretty bang on in the January window?

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season