Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Fish running to the PC when an opposition fan joins the board

Run Away GIF

Like I'm ever far away.

29 minutes ago, The Fish said:

See? This is what I told you lot,  pages ago, but would you listen to Fish? NOOoOooOoOoo. Pack of bellends.

We know all about the hassle of trying to get rid of deadwood. We've sent a few out on loan to essentially run down their contracts without stinking up the training ground with their moody faces. 

With Fofana going, who do you have at Centreback? Is it just Evans and that Soyuncu?

We were waiting for Diego's view 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

See? This is what I told you lot,  pages ago, but would you listen to Fish? NOOoOooOoOoo. Pack of bellends.

We know all about the hassle of trying to get rid of deadwood. We've sent a few out on loan to essentially run down their contracts without stinking up the training ground with their moody faces. 

With Fofana going, who do you have at Centreback? Is it just Evans and that Soyuncu?

Did you mention it before Monday Dave? Did you?  Did you really? 

C7435740-D8B3-4274-A607-8DF7CC6AD165.jpeg

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Did you mention it before Monday Dave? Did you?  Did you really? Dave, I really wouldn't recommend you engaging with a fan of another football club. Dave. This is the toontastic message board MKII.Sans-Ant version, Dave, I'm afraid I can't read your response, Dave. My vision is still at a perfect operating 20/20 but it's a TL;DR malfunction predicted after the first sentence, Dave. 

jerk hal GIF

• Haha 7

Chelsea are supposedly willing to sell Werner for 27m, and Leipzig probably can't afford a permanent at the minute. Of course they might be able to sort a loan now obligation to buy later deal. Two problems I can see are, how much if any cut is he going to take in his 270k wages, and is he worth the risk of that sort of money on a permanent as opposed to a loan with no obligation.

Aye I'm not bothered about this. If we'd bought Cornet it would have suggested to me that we were admitting failure on our main targets. I'm hoping the fact we've "stepped aside" :razz: is a good sign. 

• Haha 1

Ziyech's name has been floated again as of interest to the club, but Milan and Man U supposedly want him as well, and it's been said that Ziyech is keen on Milan. But if the 8m fee is correct we could do a lot worse at that price. 

If I had to guess I'd say we'll get Broja and Maddison before the window closes. If Maddison doesn't work out I haven't got baldies, maybe Paqueta. 

Edited by Polarboy

Tbh it’s canny clear no one knows who the clubs targets really are. I didn’t see a single person link us to Maddison before the reports about us bidding come out, as Strawb and others say we’ve no real clue if Cornet was actually a deal the club were working on or if it was just the journalists. 

Personally I really hope we get at least one attacking player in, I think our attack is lacking in real quality so it would be great to see a Maddison or someone like that come in to help. I think it’s clear they know this and want someone in, and while Maddison may prove to be out of reach they bid a high amount for him which could go to a different player - so I think we can be canny confident we will get at least one more in. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I'm not bothered about this. If we'd bought Cornet it would have suggested to me that we were admitting failure on our main targets. I'm hoping the fact we've "stepped aside" :razz: is a good sign. 

This. Cornet would have been a classic old Newcastle signing.

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Tbh it’s canny clear no one knows who the clubs targets really are. I didn’t see a single person link us to Maddison before the reports about us bidding come out, as Strawb and others say we’ve no real clue if Cornet was actually a deal the club were working on or if it was just the journalists. 

Personally I really hope we get at least one attacking player in, I think our attack is lacking in real quality so it would be great to see a Maddison or someone like that come in to help. I think it’s clear they know this and want someone in, and while Maddison may prove to be out of reach they bid a high amount for him which could go to a different player - so I think we can be canny confident we will get at least one more in. 

I'm still convinced we will, at least one with the possibility of two.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Right, you, ya knacker, I'll tell you something right here, right now. Saying something's not adding up isn't the same as saying "They've got loads of fringe players on big contracts".

So stick that up your bollocks

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season