Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

30 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I am genuinely pleased to hear this. There might be more exciting options out there but he’s tried and tested and will be great for the first stage in our development and a good squad player after that. He’s be an excellent first signing. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I am genuinely pleased to hear this. There might be more exciting options out there but he’s tried and tested and will be great for the first stage in our development and a good squad player after that. He’s be an excellent first signing. 

Aye totally agree.  The whole interview with Ashworth rings here with me.  Why spend £40m on Lodi when we can get Targett for cheaper and strengthen more key area's first. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

The thing is, if you want to challenge for Europe and the CL places in the next 2-3 seasons, compete in the cups etc. You need quality cover too. So the likes of him and Burn have shown they’re easily worth a starting place but would also be integral going forward even if we get upgrades in. I was surprised when we didn’t appear to be signing him as he looked a very competent player. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

The thing is, if you want to challenge for Europe and the CL places in the next 2-3 seasons, compete in the cups etc. You need quality cover too. So the likes of him and Burn have shown they’re easily worth a starting place but would also be integral going forward even if we get upgrades in. I was surprised when we didn’t appear to be signing him as he looked a very competent player. 

definitely. it will be great to look to the subs bench in the future with confidence instead of a feeling of impending doom 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Absolutely, it would have been mad if we didn't sign him given the chance. The speed in which he fit in was phenomenal and the prices being mentioned are a bargain these days for a known entity.

• Like 2

Good signing, canny player who did well last season - the focus for spending looks to be elsewhere. Surprised as I thought since it was so delayed they were looking elsewhere, maybe they were and didn’t fancy any of the deals over this one or were waiting for Ashworth coming in. 

• Like 2

The blokes making out like he has the inside track to such a point that he knows what contracts players are being offered, yet wants to pretend this was a move completely out the blue :lol:

I noticed he protected his tweets to ‘approved followers’. Which I have no intention of joining the ranks of 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

definitely. it will be great to look to the subs bench in the future with confidence instead of a feeling of impending doom 

Pardew's not here anymore. We don't need too many left backs on the bench 🙂 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Got to say, I am well chuffed with that.

yeah. He definitely earned the contract. Mr dependable and seems like a nice kid 

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season