Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Is Hugo Ekitike ready for the Premier League?

France football expert Julien Laurens speaking on Sky Sports' Transfer Talk podcast:

"For Hugo, it’s too early to start thinking that he’ll start 38 Premier League games and score tons of goals as he’s only 19 and he’s only had one breakthrough season in Ligue 1.

"However, he’s one of the most ambitious young players I’ve seen in a very long time. He knows what he wants and his ability as well. 

"No-one would have expected him to do so well in Ligue 1, he had injuries and worked in a team that was quite defensive. For him to score all those goals in a defensive team is quite remarkable.

"I have no doubt that e will go to Newcastle and think: Callum Wilson in No 1 but I’m better than Chris Wood. Eddie Howe will want to make it good. I think he’s a really good star. "

• Like 1

Just read that Ward-Prowse is valued at 75m by Southampton. Mind you the original source of that valuation was The Sun, so who knows how accurate it is. If it is true it's just yet another example of the ridiculous over valuation attached to English players. Ward-Prowse is a very decent player, but he's barely worth half that. 

Just now, Polarboy said:

Just read that Ward-Prowse is valued at 75m by Southampton. Mind you the original source of that valuation was The Sun, so who knows how accurate it is. If it is true it's just yet another example of the ridiculous over valuation attached to English players. Ward-Prowse is a very decent player, but he's barely worth half that. 

fuck that

8 hours ago, Polarboy said:

“Newcastle are trying to hijack the deal” - Toon launch late bid for £20m man ahead of medical? | NUFC blog – Newcastle United blog – NUFC Fixtures, News and Forum.

Possible Botman alternative given he's a left footed centre back. If true it could also be us trying to focus the minds of Lille and Botman's agent. 

Love the move, don’t have a fucking clue who this player is but it pisses West Ham off and shows Lille we have alternative targets. 

It’ll irritate West Ham more given he’s halfway through his medical :lol: 

Edited by Howay

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Love the move, don’t have a fucking clue who this player is but it pisses West Ham off and shows Lille we have alternative targets. 

Man Eating GIF by Socialize

Oh, hai west ham

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Howay said:

That Darmesh kid is absolutely stealing a living. He's comically bad. :lol:

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

That Darmesh kid is absolutely stealing a living. He's comically bad. :lol:

He must fit right in then.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OTF said:

He must fit right in then.

I'm only jealous that he'll be on more dough than me and can make a calculated guess he's never struck a fucking bat in his life although unlike him I don't have to look over my shoulder waiting to get found out so swings and roundabouts. :lol:

• Haha 1

I'd like Ward-Prowse, he's unbelievable at setpieces, and a better player than we've got (Bruno aside). I wouldn't spend £75m on him though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'd like Ward-Prowse, he's unbelievable at setpieces, and a better player than we've got (Bruno aside). I wouldn't spend £75m on him though.

agreed. good player but that's a ridiculous fee. no way is he worth half a bruno, let alone two brunos!

• Like 2

:lol:

I agree but it might be worth noting that the Bruno standard has been subject to inflation itself - no way we'd sell him for £40m now, he's probably up in the 60s already. Therefore Ward-Prowse could equal 1 Bruno + 25% English surcharge. Although like others have said, he's worth half a Bruno really so it's more like £40m they should be asking for.

If Paqueta has any hope of happening then I'm not sure we need to be looking at Ward-Prowse. Alternatively if Paqueta is a non-starter than we should absolutely be looking at JWP. Marked improvement on Shelvey.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season