Jump to content

Transfers, summer 2022


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Tom said:


Workrate  Unmatched 

 

Fuck me, if there'd be any reason for Nick Pope to about turn and leg it out of Tyneside, this cunt would be it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Comments like the one this Bob bloke is making are so tedious. I feel some of our fans are so obsessed with trying to not look “ungrateful” or “deluded” that they come out with absolute fucking shite. He can hand on heart say he’d be fine with just Targett and Pope in after one of the biggest takeovers in the history of football? Bruno Guimeraes who they’ve promised CL football and trophies to wouldn’t. I’m not saying people should be freaking out or getting pissed off at the owners but if the current business was all we did it would be a poor window. 

Edited by Howay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Hi guys, fanks for tunin in for annuva excitin video on the channuw. Huge day today, really massuv one which sees the arrivuw of Nick Pope fom Burnley who I'm sure will povide excellent competition for Martin Doobavka. Am at the ground, as you would expect from the channuw, really looking forward to this one guys, remember to smash like and subscribe if you want more content of me stood outside of buildings viss summa."

  • Like 1
  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

fuck me, the medical day vlog. i wonder if he'll remember to include a clip of his dinner time trip to maccy d's again because that's the kind of content creation worth smashing the like button for

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

"Hi guys, fanks for tunin in for annuva excitin video on the channuw. Huge day today, really massuv one which sees the arrivuw of Nick Pope fom Burnley who I'm sure will povide excellent competition for Martin Doobavka. Am at the ground, as you would expect from the channuw, really looking forward to this one guys, remember to smash like and subscribe if you want more content of me stood outside of buildings viss summa."

The Kid Mero Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

 

Comments like the one this Bob bloke is making are so tedious. I feel some of our fans are so obsessed with trying to not look “ungrateful” or “deluded” that they come out with absolute fucking shite. He can hand on heart say he’d be fine with just Targett and Pope in after one of the biggest takeovers in the history of football? Bruno Guimeraes who they’ve promised CL football and trophies to wouldn’t. I’m not saying people should be freaking out or getting pissed off at the owners but if the current business was all we did it would be a poor window. 

 

By contrast, some people do need to get some fucking perspective. It's not like going to Morrisons and buying a block of cheese, is it? 

The way some of the morons are going on - as if EVERY morsel they read is true is borderline hysteria.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

fuck me, the medical day vlog. i wonder if he'll remember to include a clip of his dinner time trip to maccy d's again because that's the kind of content creation worth smashing the like button for

 

Nothing will ever beat "I think he's called me a nonce there. I'm not."

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

 

Comments like the one this Bob bloke is making are so tedious. I feel some of our fans are so obsessed with trying to not look “ungrateful” or “deluded” that they come out with absolute fucking shite. He can hand on heart say he’d be fine with just Targett and Pope in after one of the biggest takeovers in the history of football? Bruno Guimeraes who they’ve promised CL football and trophies to wouldn’t. I’m not saying people should be freaking out or getting pissed off at the owners but if the current business was all we did it would be a poor window. 

 

Tbf to Bob, he's a regular in the guardian comment section - probably the most well known one from our fanbase - and he spends a lot of his time defending the club from all manner of bullshit. I do think he gets himself tied into knots a bit at times but he's put himself into a situation where he's pretty constantly under fire on the clubs behalf.

 

So I kinda get it. And honestly he knows you're right too I would wager.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

 

Comments like the one this Bob bloke is making are so tedious. I feel some of our fans are so obsessed with trying to not look “ungrateful” or “deluded” that they come out with absolute fucking shite. He can hand on heart say he’d be fine with just Targett and Pope in after one of the biggest takeovers in the history of football? Bruno Guimeraes who they’ve promised CL football and trophies to wouldn’t. I’m not saying people should be freaking out or getting pissed off at the owners but if the current business was all we did it would be a poor window. 

I'm pretty relaxed about it tbh, pressure is on the club to deliver but I don't think they'll fuck it up although they might have a different route to it you'd hope that it's not just money they're bringing to the table but some brains as well. We can only improve on last year as a starting point which based on form would have us seriously challenging for Europe. I can't see the two we've got in being all that's going to happen. I also can't see us waiting to deadline day to bring in Slimani or Whoever. :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyway aye - would be disappointing if we only came away with Pope and Targett. There is basically no chance of that happening though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Anyway aye - would be disappointing if we only came away with Pope and Targett. There is basically no chance of that happening though.

Yeah, if this was the final few days of the window I'd be a little worried, but it's not. Not even close, so people getting in a tizz because we've only signed a good PL left back who's already proven at the club AND England international 'keeper, they need to grow a spine, grow some balls and grow the fuck up.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

"Hi guys, fanks for tunin in for annuva excitin video on the channuw. Huge day today, really massuv one which sees the arrivuw of Nick Pope fom Burnley who I'm sure will povide excellent competition for Martin Doobavka. Am at the ground, as you would expect from the channuw, really looking forward to this one guys, remember to smash like and subscribe if you want more content of me stood outside of buildings viss summa."

Still has me in stitches thinking about the video he did waiting outside the ground to see Eddie Howe which included him going to McDonald’s for his lunch :lol: 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is he actually getting anywhere with that channel? I'm assuming that his long term angle is to pass some minimum threshold after which the club will kind of acknowledge him and give him access to players/whoever to a higher degree.

 

But then equally, they seem to be doing a decent job of all that themselves anyway, I've seen a number of player interviews lately, straight from the club itself. Not exactly sure where this kid fits into all of it tbh, at least while he's so focused on the club itself. Maybe he could have some success speaking to younger fans on matchday experiences or whatever but that's about as charitable as I think I can possibly be in terms of his prospects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Still has me in stitches thinking about the video he did waiting outside the ground to see Eddie Howe which included him going to McDonald’s for his lunch :lol: 

 

When he gave him the letter from some kid as well and Howe had to stand and read it on camera. Holy fuck. :lol:

 

I think he's the next Gary Lineker though. He struggled when he first got in front of a camera too. Ten years from now he'll be unrecognisable. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Is he actually getting anywhere with that channel? I'm assuming that his long term angle is to pass some minimum threshold after which the club will kind of acknowledge him and give him access to players/whoever to a higher degree.

 

But then equally, they seem to be doing a decent job of all that themselves anyway, I've seen a number of player interviews lately, straight from the club itself. Not exactly sure where this kids fits into all of it tbh, at least while he's so focused on the club itself. Maybe he could have some success speaking to younger fans on matchday experiences or whatever but that's about as charitable as I think I can possibly be in terms of his prospects.

I think the stats suggested he’s making peanuts a month. I.e. not even close to a minimum wage job 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Is he actually getting anywhere with that channel? I'm assuming that his long term angle is to pass some minimum threshold after which the club will kind of acknowledge him and give him access to players/whoever to a higher degree.

 

But then equally, they seem to be doing a decent job of all that themselves anyway, I've seen a number of player interviews lately, straight from the club itself. Not exactly sure where this kids fits into all of it tbh, at least while he's so focused on the club itself. Maybe he could have some success speaking to younger fans on matchday experiences or whatever but that's about as charitable as I think I can possibly be in terms of his prospects.

 

I know it's a bit of a stretch but we've seen this in Eurovision fandom too. Early days of social media, the people in charge had no interest - and they probably didn't have the staff even if they had - so it was fan sites, bloggers and later YouTubers who took on the mantle and became content providers (and, to be fair, they were given access in the form of press accreditation for events and the like, so it didn't go unrecognised and was symbiotic to an extent). Nowadays, the official channels have everything uploaded ASAP, they clearly have people working on that side of things who know what they're doing, they engage properly and frequently, their Twitter account even deals in sassy GIFs and the like - all very reminiscent of NUFC post-Ashley, in other words - and the corollary is that there's almost no fan access or accreditation available any more. Which is obviously a bit of a shame given how things used to be, but on the other hand, if you've got a smallish audience and you're not producing anything that isn't being done better by the professionals then you can hardly argue with that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

 

I know it's a bit of a stretch but we've seen this in Eurovision fandom too. Early days of social media, the people in charge had no interest - and they probably didn't have the staff even if they had - so it was fan sites, bloggers and later YouTubers who took on the mantle and became content providers (and, to be fair, they were given access in the form of press accreditation for events and the like, so it didn't go unrecognised and was symbiotic to an extent). Nowadays, the official channels have everything uploaded ASAP, they clearly have people working on that side of things who know what they're doing, they engage properly and frequently, their Twitter account even deals in sassy GIFs and the like - all very reminiscent of NUFC post-Ashley, in other words - and the corollary is that there's almost no fan access or accreditation available any more. Which is obviously a bit of a shame given how things used to be, but on the other hand, if you've got a smallish audience and you're not producing anything that isn't being done better by the professionals then you can hardly argue with that.

 

This sounds to me to be bang on the money. I think people like True Geordie can get away with this stuff because he's got the personality to go with it, and he's built up over years, diversified, really put together a pretty high end show. This lad on the other hand doesn't seem entertaining in and of himself, and that's ultimately what'll kill him - so I agree, either he has access which makes him watchable, or he has personality which makes him watchable. Without either, he's fucked - for exactly the reason you've set out, IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Is he actually getting anywhere with that channel? I'm assuming that his long term angle is to pass some minimum threshold after which the club will kind of acknowledge him and give him access to players/whoever to a higher degree.

 

But then equally, they seem to be doing a decent job of all that themselves anyway, I've seen a number of player interviews lately, straight from the club itself. Not exactly sure where this kids fits into all of it tbh, at least while he's so focused on the club itself. Maybe he could have some success speaking to younger fans on matchday experiences or whatever but that's about as charitable as I think I can possibly be in terms of his prospects.

 

I think you're attributing to him more long-term planning than he is capable of. Honestly? I think he's seen youtubers get famous and thinks because he has a modicum of success it's just a matter of time. 

 

He's got little to no original content, the production values are poor, his editing is amateur and he has all the charisma of a 3 pin plug. 

 

If he wants to make something like this work, he's got to be more creative, he's got to find a niche and exploit it. 

 

like, this matchday video for example.

 

It's garbage. His delivery is flat, there's nothing he's saying that adds to the shonky video work. Compare it to this kid;

 

 

Now, neither are my cup of tea, but the second one is much better than Pearson's

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.