Jump to content

Transfers, summer 2022


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

So accounts like this put up a picture of Ekitike laughing with his agent, they unanimously decided he was taking the piss out of Newcastle - despite nothing to suggest that - and a load of our fans went and gave him a load of abuse in the comments 🙄. Fucking idiots, so they’ll go way over the top to thank a player and call him a world beater who was utter dogshit for years like Hayden to, I assume, show how amazing they are but when the club is in negotiations with one of the premier up and coming striker talents in football they do this? I’m sure the club will be thrilled. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EXCLUSIVE: Newcastle hold talks with Nice over potential move for £34m midfielder | NUFC blog – Newcastle United blog – NUFC Fixtures, News and Forum.

 

Another name to add to the pile. A defensive mid who's the son of Lillian Thuram. Lillian clearly has strong genes great player that he was. He has another son who plays in the Bundesliga, both are valued at upwards of 20m, and they're under 25. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Broja anyone? Apparently contact has been made. 

Asked the Southampton fans about them - 

Quote

He's the next Shearer.

OK, so that's probably not true, but he does have all the attributes to be a very fine striker for someone. As has been mentioned, he is very quick and strong, but its not all straight line stuff, he has ball skills (dribbling) and ability to beat a defender all ends up. That's rare at the top level.

I think his touch is decent too. Some Saints fans criticised he link up play, but it looked OK to me. He certainly looks at home at this level - he's a premiership standard player - there is no disputing that, but can he become a `Prem great'?

There were a few occasions last season when he beat a man, the angle was tight and he still went for a shot, often skewing the ball wide. Some fans weren't happy at that. The term greedy was used and a lack of vision, but IMO you need strikers that take responsibility and are a little greedy. You don't want the skewing/shanking it wide though of course, and perhaps that is where he can improve - choosing not to shoot when its really not on. I should say that he didn't do this a loads, maybe five or six times, but it was noticeable. Of course, its easy to say he can improve there, but its a lot harder to actually do it.

When it comes to attitude, that is something that will be argued about on here. Some suggested he switched off in the run in last season, but I'd counter that he looked royally miffed when dropped and seemed desperate for more goals. Perhaps that was for personal gain rather than the team, but who knows.  All our strikers were completely starved of service, so I don't buy into the idea that he was on the beach before others. We were shite, everyone played shite. I don't see a lack of work rate or effort, ever. To get this far you have work your socks off. It makes me laugh when people question them as people. 

My money would be on West Ham getting him. He took them to pieces a couple of times, so they have seen the best of him. For me, £25m is a good price.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t class myself as ITK in any way, shape, or form but I’m related to a club scout and hear bits here and there.
 

Only reason I’m posting this is because that’s how I know the transfer activity is now completely restricted to Ashworth, Howe, and Nickson (I imagine some higher ups too) - so these ITK twitter accounts know absolutely fuck all, I used to half think maybe they heard bits like I did but they’re completely full of it. Little bits get passed about to scouts and this is the other reason I’m passing a long as it meshes with the ‘patience’ talk, I’d heard about a week before things started emerging that our three keeper targets were Areola, Pope, and Leno in that order - they were advanced with Areola and the bid went in but he started asking for a lot of money so they went for Pope and signed him as we all know. The key part for me was when watching the interview with him he mentioned that there’d been discussions for weeks & that he’d been speaking to Trippier a lot about it, before everything suddenly happened quickly - this was all before we’d given up on Henderson and Areola. While this makes sense that we have contact with all these back up targets and are working on them as we proceed with top targets it’s just nice to know it really is happening now whereas in January I think we really were focusing on one target at a time. 
 

Again, I know nowt really - especially now - short of some youth players we’ve scouted :lol: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

 

have you been on rtg to ask the mackems what they think of him yet?  :)

No need, the story on there goes like this;

 

" :lol: the delewded cunts thowt they wuh gonna syun Mbappe, now it's some Chelsea reyject"

" Ee wohun't syun for them man, ee's got moruls"

" Ee's syuning for them? Just shows ee's got no moruls"

" :lol: Broja is shite man, ee couldn't mack it at Chelsea and ee was shite at bottom half Southampton, ee'll be a flop"

" Whee gives a shite abowut the Gerlden boowut man, Sewpa Kev got more and the gerlies weren't shite liyuk they are now. "

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Asked the Southampton fans about them - 

 

 

46 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

 

have you been on rtg to ask the mackems what they think of him yet?  :)

 

He's been too busy asking more questions to the Southampton fans such as 'how many spitfires did yeeze make, like?'

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, The Fish said:

No need, the story on there goes like this;

 

" :lol: the delewded cunts thowt they wuh gonna syun Mbappe, now it's some Chelsea reyject"

" Ee wohun't syun for them man, ee's got moruls"

" Ee's syuning for them? Just shows ee's got no moruls"

" :lol: Broja is shite man, ee couldn't mack it at Chelsea and ee was shite at bottom half Southampton, ee'll be a flop"

" Whee gives a shite abowut the Gerlden boowut man, Sewpa Kev got more and the gerlies weren't shite liyuk they are now. "

 

:lol:

I thought I'd strayed over there for a second!

a very tenuous link to this....

I very seldom visit there these days, their human rights outrage has become tedious rather than hilarious in its insincerity. one of the regular contributors to the sports washing thread is keithS303 (sp?)

anyway, I probably visit newcastleonline even less than rtg but a couple of days ago I was reading the sunderland thread over there and keith was being slated for his over the top views as he should be more restrained what with him being admin and that, the poster then went on to say he had no idea who the player was in keith''s avatar and that he must br a mackem journeyman.

keith's avatar is pop robson who scored 82 goals for us in 206 games and was part of the fairs cup winning team. one of me old man's heroes.

not a single poster on n.o. pulled him up on this. I despair for the youth of today I do.

:(

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah pop Robson, one game from my youth, we were playing Arsenal and we got a free kick 25-ish yards out, Pop smashed it into the top corner, Ref disallowed it because................................. wall wasn't 10 yards. Fucking fuming !!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

 

:lol:

I thought I'd strayed over there for a second!

a very tenuous link to this....

I very seldom visit there these days, their human rights outrage has become tedious rather than hilarious in its insincerity. one of the regular contributors to the sports washing thread is keithS303 (sp?)

anyway, I probably visit newcastleonline even less than rtg but a couple of days ago I was reading the sunderland thread over there and keith was being slated for his over the top views as he should be more restrained what with him being admin and that, the poster then went on to say he had no idea who the player was in keith''s avatar and that he must br a mackem journeyman.

keith's avatar is pop robson who scored 82 goals for us in 206 games and was part of the fairs cup winning team. one of me old man's heroes.

not a single poster on n.o. pulled him up on this. I despair for the youth of today I do.

:(

One of the first games I ever saw Pop Robson scored a hat trick and we beat Man UFC 5-1. Jinky Jim and Wyn the Leap scored the others. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Gouiri so much. I wish we can sign him. 

 

About Broja, I dont see him much, but looks like Chelsea want to stay as a sub because the are going to sell Lukaku.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Howay said:

I don’t class myself as ITK in any way, shape, or form but I’m related to a club scout and hear bits here and there.
 

Only reason I’m posting this is because that’s how I know the transfer activity is now completely restricted to Ashworth, Howe, and Nickson (I imagine some higher ups too) - so these ITK twitter accounts know absolutely fuck all, I used to half think maybe they heard bits like I did but they’re completely full of it. Little bits get passed about to scouts and this is the other reason I’m passing a long as it meshes with the ‘patience’ talk, I’d heard about a week before things started emerging that our three keeper targets were Areola, Pope, and Leno in that order - they were advanced with Areola and the bid went in but he started asking for a lot of money so they went for Pope and signed him as we all know. The key part for me was when watching the interview with him he mentioned that there’d been discussions for weeks & that he’d been speaking to Trippier a lot about it, before everything suddenly happened quickly - this was all before we’d given up on Henderson and Areola. While this makes sense that we have contact with all these back up targets and are working on them as we proceed with top targets it’s just nice to know it really is happening now whereas in January I think we really were focusing on one target at a time. 
 

Again, I know nowt really - especially now - short of some youth players we’ve scouted :lol: 

 

 

I thought this was gonna end with "So anyway, peep this, our next big target is..." but you left me hanging. :lol:

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we have Saint Maxi, Pope and if by some miracle we got Christian Erickson, we can always call on Dan Burn if they find any witches.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

One of the first games I ever saw Pop Robson scored a hat trick and we beat Man UFC 5-1. Jinky Jim and Wyn the Leap scored the others. 

 

I saw pop, jinky jim and the mighty wyn all play for us as me dad had been taking me to the matches from about 5 or 6, sadly I don't really recall individual matches/performances till from a few years later, dunno why, but it pisses me off a bit.  :(

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.