Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Bit of a non-story. Headline says we've made a bid, story says we are "readying a bid", they value him at much more, he doesn't want to come and isn't for sale anyway :lol: 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Isn't the Express the only one peddling the 'Saint-Maximin to leave St. James' nonsense?  Probably trying to make one bullshit story carry more weight by publishing another bullshit story that kinda, sorta but not really backs up the first bullshit story.

That said, I'd "LOVE IT" if it were true.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Don't click on the above link if you're still on the bus btw cos the whole bus, driver included, will be up dancing in seconds. 

It'll be like a scene from Fame.

:lol: A dance off broke out in the middle of the aisle. 
Hang Over The Hangover GIF by filmeditor

Stand by everything I said last night, including the bit about that exile bloke. The really exciting part of the deal, besides signing one of the highest rated young CBs in Europe, is it shows our lot can stay the course in a difficult transfer saga with heavy pressure from one of the worlds biggest clubs. When it looked many times that the deal was dead, there was so much ITK bullshit on both sides of the discussion, then out of nothing reports start breaking it’s all agreed and he’s coming for a medical. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Fuck me Villa fans are obsessed and salty as FUCK on twatter

:lol: They’re tragic, posting on every tweet about Newcastle but then a Newcastle fan has a pop back and they’re all going “why are Newcastle obsessed with us, trying to create this rivalry it’s going to be both our clubs pushing the “big 6” which will be great to see” I really don’t get where they’re getting this idea their trajectory is in any way comparable to ours. 

Them saying Botman looks slow and won’t adapt is hilarious as well, he plays in Ligue Un which is one of the most comparable leagues to the PL, meanwhile they’ve bought a 29 year old error prone CB from La Liga, probably one of the least comparable leagues (I don’t mean in terms of quality btw I’m meaning play style, pacing of games etc), I know which one is the riskier signing. 

Just watched a highlight reel of Botman and I’m now convinced he’s the next Rio Ferdinand (playing wise). I’ll say one thing mind, I hope we get some forward players as defensive highlight reels aren’t the same :lol: 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Don't click on the above link if you're still on the bus btw cos the whole bus, driver included, will be up dancing in seconds. 

It'll be like a scene from Fame.

This post was unfortunately timed 🙂

:lol: From last night obviously but look at him scrambling to make sense of this for his wank FFP points. 

More of his bullshit too. Fucking £12m for Ekitike? There’s not a chance that’s the fee. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 1

Someone on Twitter pointed out that, assuming this goes through, we’ve signed a new back 5 since the takeover for the price Man Utd paid for Maguire

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Alex said:

Costing his mother a fortune again 

"So anyway, how's young Adam?"

"Weeeell you know, he's happy enough doing his You tube thingy pods and casts and it keeps him occupied."

"No girlfriends yet, Julie?"

"Oh god, Angie, I sometimes think it's never going to happen. I'd met his dad by his age but he just mumbles about not being bothered then runs up to his room in the huff if we mention it."

"Bless! I'm sure he'll find his way. Eventually."

"I hope so, I'm sick of washing those crusty socks he leaves lying under his bed!"

videoblocks-two-women-talking-in-cafe-an

• Haha 9

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season