Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

As much as I'd like to see us buy Raphina the odds are really stacked against us with Chelsea and Spurs both after him, Arsenal wouldn't be as much of a problem, but they are still a London club. Also as far as I'm aware his dream is to play for Barca, but I'd imagine his transfer fee is currently out of their price range. 

How fucking giant is the central area of our back now btw :lol:. If Burn or Botman move into RCB we’d have Botman 6’ 5” and Pope and Burn both 6’ 6”, even if Schar played RCB he’s 6’ 3” or so. 

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

This bloke is an utter cock womble

There’s no doubt he hears things from someone at the club, the Harrison link is true as Eddie Howe’s nephew has been championing him from when he joined the club, but when he comes out with stuff like “should be quiet” he’s just trying to get a rise out of people tbh. It’s not like people at the club are going to walk about going “ok we got Botman so maybe we will all rest for a few weeks before bothering signing others”, him and the other journalists are also getting far less information with Ashworth in. 

• Like 4

Harrison fits the standard we are looking at too, fringe international players - breaking into teams, with a bit of experience from players who are at the tail end of those teams. That's what I'm seeing anyway.

• Like 1

I can almost guarantee that Leeds will be asking for more than Harrison is worth. If they sell Raphina for even close to what they are asking they likely won't desperately need to sell him, so in fairness to them why would they make it easy for other clubs. Harrison is proven in the PL, but we'd likely get better value from a player from abroad, or even for Sarr whom Watford are supposedly willing to let go for a reasonable fee. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

Agreed, there’s no chance of Harrison tbh. They won’t want to lose 2 out of their front 3 and with the Raphinha and Phillips money they’d have no reason to sell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trophyshy said:

We can’t afford Harrison? 

Harrison Ford GIF

Think it’s more Leeds probably not willing to sell and better players being available for the prices that would tempt them. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season