Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Jesus, Richarlison and Raphina all on the move. The dream a Brazilian front six is fading. We’ll have to settle just for Paqueta to complete the samba midfield three. 

I'd have had any of those three here. I'd find it difficult to put a conclusive order of preference to them.

21 minutes ago, OTF said:

I'd have had any of those three here. I'd find it difficult to put a conclusive order of preference to them.

Raphina

Jesus

Richarlison

Fucking easy peasy. 

• Like 2

Just now, MrBass said:

Swap Raphina and Jesus and you're correct. :wink2:

This isn't Easter, bucko. You won't see Jesus rise again.

It seems to me that the signing of Rapinha is going to go wrong for Chelsea.

Apparently, there are agreements between Chelsea and Leeds, but the player wants to play in Barcelona. His agent (Deco) has been in the Barcelona offices for two days trying to find the formula for Rapinha to end up in Barcelona and not in Chelsea.

What sense does it make for Chelsea to sign a player who doesn't want to go there and who, surely, in one or two years will be a problem because he will want to leave?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

It seems to me that the signing of Rapinha is going to go wrong for Chelsea.

Apparently, there are agreements between Chelsea and Leeds, but the player wants to play in Barcelona. His agent (Deco) has been in the Barcelona offices for two days trying to find the formula for Rapinha to end up in Barcelona and not in Chelsea.

What sense does it make for Chelsea to sign a player who doesn't want to go there and who, surely, in one or two years will be a problem because he will want to leave?

Money

He's a real journalist from what I know. Used to cover the non-league scene 

I'd love Eriksen mind. Him, Bruno and Jo would be one of the best midfields in the league. We can push the boat of with his wages as he's on a free too 

Of course if I'm wrong then I'd be utterly delighted. But after all these years, and false promises, I refuse to get excited about any rumours until it hit's something a little more mainstream than 'NewcastleWorld'. Take Botman for instance, they was a definite change in the reporting last Friday evening. Reputable sources were leading with it - they're not going to to do that on a whim.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Of course if I'm wrong then I'd be utterly delighted. But after all these years, and false promises, I refuse to get excited about any rumours until it hit's something a little more mainstream than 'NewcastleWorld'. Take Botman for instance, they was a definite change in the reporting last Friday evening. Reputable sources were leading with it - they're not going to to do that on a whim.

Aye, totally this.

Wouldn't surprise me that the next signings will be a couple of weeks away now tbh.

35 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He's a real journalist from what I know. Used to cover the non-league scene 

I'd love Eriksen mind. Him, Bruno and Jo would be one of the best midfields in the league. We can push the boat of with his wages as he's on a free too 

Not necessarily with regard to his wages. There'll be a wage structure at the club, and presumably if you offer Eriksen for example 150,000k a week, other players will be looking for parity, and may even have a clause in their contact that states that they always have parity with the highest earner at the club. 

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

This isn't Easter, bucko. You won't see Jesus rise again.

I have a feeling Jesus is going to be another case of Arsenal signing an established player that doesn't really do that well for them. He's a class technical player all right but is he the sort of character that will lead from the front and push everyone around him to do better? Arsenal fold like a pack of cards every other game and they haven't really addressed the fact they don't have a strong spine to the team. 

17 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Arteta is just a Netto Pep so this is just another step in him attempting to play like Man City with half the ability. From the players and the manager

Look at their spend in recent years too. And they threw away the Champions League at the end of the season, the way the played against us was disgraceful. Seems to have still have the support of his board and the media though, just because he was Pep's understudy and a popular player. Remind you of someone? He surely can't be THAT bad though :D 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season