Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, Craig said:

What has Lincoln ever done to you? :lol:

Been flat, boring and full of racists. Fuck all of Lincolnshire, fuck it in it's boring, flat racist face.

• Haha 3

Gordon was absent from training for the third day running. If Gordon can contribute to knocking his transfer fee down a few million by being a prat, then I'm all for it. Showing quality signs of NUFC shithousery potential even before he's got his feet under the table.

11 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Much more tuneful.

I was just going to post that. Those old numbers stations recordings are creepy as fuck. The Lincolnshire Poacher one was meant to come from an RAF base in Cyprus 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, toonotl said:

Gordon was absent from training for the third day running. If Gordon can contribute to knocking his transfer fee down a few million by being a prat, then I'm all for it. Showing quality signs of NUFC shithousery potential even before he's got his feet under the table.

Maybe the club have told him to stay away from training?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Maybe the club have told him to stay away from training?

Apparently they’d demanded he turn up today after trying to cover for it the first day or so. There’s a good chance he was promised a move after the summer and Everton now trying to play hardball again with a good offer on the table is forcing his hand. 

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I sometimes used to put them on and pretend I was in a submarine

:lol: I only know about them after googling them because Boards of Canada use a sample on one of their tunes. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, toonotl said:

If we end up signing him, we need to send Murphy down to pick him up and wave out the window as he drives him out of town. 

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

can we drop the money on a proper creative mid instead, farken hell. 

I know we’d all like to get Maddison but maybe there’s no way Leicester will let him go until the summer. 

I'm not fond of this Gordon signing, and I can't see how being a petulant little twat for a club who pays his wages makes him endear himself to Eddie Howe. It's unprofessional and doesn't do him any favours. I certainly don't want us pedalling Maxi who despite being dropped to a squad player from being first on the team sheet hasn't bad mouthed the manager or club in public to signing a kid with questionable morals who had a decent  season but has by all accounts been woeful this year.

Edited by Chaser
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I'm not fond of this Gordon signing, and I can't see how being a petulant little twat for a club who pays his wages makes him endear himself to Eddie Howe. It's unprofessional and doesn't do him any favours. I certainly don't want us pedalling Maxi who despite being dropped to a squad player from being a first on the team sheet signing hasn't bad mouthed the manager or club in public to signing a kid with questionable morals who had a decent  season but has by all accounts been woeful this year.

At the end of the day he’s a 21 year old kid who has spent the last 18 months in a toxic environment, on and off the pitch.

Im sure he will relish a fresh start and will be a reformed character under Eddie, Mad Dog, Tripper etc.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm not fond of this Gordon signing, and I can't see how being a petulant little twat for a club who pays his wages makes him endear himself to Eddie Howe. It's unprofessional and doesn't do him any favours. I certainly don't want us pedalling Maxi who despite being dropped to a squad player from being first on the team sheet hasn't bad mouthed the manager or club in public to signing a kid with questionable morals who had a decent  season but has by all accounts been woeful this year.

Where's that come from ??

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Where's that come from ??

Merely making reference to his standards of behaviour when he's currently under contract. Going AWOL to force a move isn't a good look. I not suggesting he carries out any nefarious behaviour under the cover of darkness or owt like that. 

If say Maxi or Fraser had done it to force a move, we would all be giving them shit for trying to desert us. 

Edited by Chaser

I can't say I'm found of players who go on strike like this to engineer moves, but at the same time we're only hearing one side of the story. As people have said it could be the case that Everton have messed Gordon about in regard to promises made to him over transfers and the fee that they are looking for him over the past 12 months. It's also the case that Everton are run shambolically, so the normal channels and ways of conducting yourself may have fell on deaf ears. 

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Merely making reference to his standards of behaviour when he's currently under contract. Going AWOL to force a move isn't a good look. I not suggesting he carries out any nefarious behaviour under the cover of darkness or owt like that. 

If say Maxi or Fraser had done it to force a move, we would all be giving them shit for trying to desert us. 

But we don't know he hasn't been told to stay away, nowt from Everton themselves that he's being naughty

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

But we don't know he hasn't been told to stay away, nowt from Everton themselves that he's being naughty

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11679891/Anthony-Gordon-tells-Everton-NOT-return-club-missing-three-days-training.html

Supposedly only the first day he missed was a planned absence, so he's been AWOL for two days against the clubs wishes. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season