Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

I said it before, but I'll chance my arm again. My "man in the know" says no incoming transfers planned this January, or requested - despite what's in the media. 

Its a couple of loan to buys if possible and looking to get Darlow, Maxi and Shelvey out on "good deals for both parties".

Now I've written it, it'll hopefully be bollox (other than the Maxi and Shelvey out bit)

• Jaysus... 2

The era of "man in the know" is effectively over.

Shelvey is still injured so don't see why getting him to leave would be any sort of priority when there's other even more dead wood in the roster. Getting Maxi out without any incomings would be flat out madness.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, scoobos said:

I said it before, but I'll chance my arm again. My "man in the know" says no incoming transfers planned this January, or requested - despite what's in the media. 

Its a couple of loan to buys if possible and looking to get Darlow, Maxi and Shelvey out on "good deals for both parties".

Now I've written it, it'll hopefully be bollox (other than the Maxi and Shelvey out bit)

No transfers requested and yet Howe is on record more than once saying we need to replace Wood. I think your in the know (Mackam wum) should probably have watched Howe's recent interviews before he started making up nonsense. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Marcelo Bielsa: Ex-Leeds boss in London for further talks with Everton over managerial vacancy - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64416720

I wonder if that throws any spanner in the works 

It's interesting to consider given Bielsa reportedly had a problem with the Everton squad's lack of pace. I think we're lucky that the board members/ownership are entirely braindead and operating separately from the plans of the coaching staff or even other leadership members, so I don't think Gordon's suitability to Bielsa's plans will play too much of a part in whether or not they'll sell. I think the most important factor is that they seemingly need to sell to buy and the fans are so up their own asses that they are seemingly actively pushing for the club to sell him.

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

No transfers requested and yet Howe is on record more than once saying we need to replace Wood. I think your in the know (Mackam wum) should probably have watched Howe's recent interviews before he started making up nonsense. 

Yup, Im writing it out for fun really, but lets see, Maxi goes no one in permanent. We've plenty of time to wait until the Summer and we play the long game, as shown with Botman; I'm buying it. He's got some stories like, but he's suckered me in with some of the past predictions.

14 minutes ago, scoobos said:

Yup, Im writing it out for fun really, but lets see, Maxi goes no one in permanent. We've plenty of time to wait until the Summer and we play the long game, as shown with Botman; I'm buying it. He's got some stories like, but he's suckered me in with some of the past predictions.

Whilst we might play the long game for the most part the long game is a bit too late for a potential cup final in a month, or a season where top four could greatly accellerate the planned progress. If someone goes they'll either be replaced or will have been wholly surplus to requirements in the first place which Maxi is patently not.

Your pal might gen sniffs of real info, but there's no way he's close enough to the top to see what is tightly held information. Howe, who is notoriously tight lipped, has already contradicted that summary.

I would agree though that the plan has always been to do most of our business in the summer, but circumstances changes that (cup final, position in league) to the point where it would be foolish to be rigid in approach.

17 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Is it just me or did he arrive twice there ?

I slowed it down to confirm, the cunning prick drove in and then shortly after reversed back out.

Its a tricky one for Rat Boy now

Most Everton fans dont want him and he'll get shit loads of stick if he stays.....NUFC fans are divided about him me included ,I dont want the little shit anywhere near NUFC and I hope the deal falls through and we make a last minute switch for Maddison instead

Edited by Rosco

45 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Its a tricky one for Rat Boy now

Most Everton fans dont want him and he'll get shit loads of stick if he stays.....NUFC fans are divided about him me included ,I dont want the little shit anywhere near NUFC and I hope the deal falls through and we make a last minute switch for Maddison instead

He'll Odemwingie it.

• Haha 3

Pretty much agree with Fish. His time at Everton is done. Their fans will not forget him missing training. 

He's heading for the exit and it's just a case of how much they can get for him. 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season