Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Romano's Twitter profile photo looks like he is putting in an order at the Chinese.

"Can I have 2 Honey Chili Chicken with Fried Rice plus a portion of prawn crackers please?"

I'd say at this rate, it will be Chicken Nonce answering the phone in the takeaway 

• Haha 3

The problem with the Franca deal is we don't have much leverage. If we're not willing to pay the release it's no skin off Flamengo's nose to keep him until at least the summer. He's only 18 so there's no rush for them to do anything. The only thing that might push them to sell is if Franca's head has been turned. 

Gordon, Ashby, Berge and Franca would be a very nice mix of ready to start and massive potential. Franca and Ashby would likely be bench players or at least in the squad, but Gordon and Berge would be pushing to start. And obviously Berge would be the oldest as someone who'll be 25 soon so Howe could really work his magic. Partly theoretical at this point of course in the cases of Berge and Franca. 

Franca was reportedly on the bench for a big Brazilian cup match tonight and he usually starts, so that might indicate he's on his way, or at the very least his head wasn't right. Howay will obviously pay no heed to the not starting possibly being an indication of anything of course 😂 👍

Berge is surely done then if Shelvey has been confirmed. It would be uncharacteristically cavalier for Howe and Ashworth to let Shelvey go without somebody definitely lined up regardless of how much sense the deal made otherwise for the club and the player. 

Edited by Polarboy

I’ll be absolutely buzzing for us to finally be rid of Jonjo fucking Shelvey. I’m confused by comments regarding his attitude, the bloke is an absolute prick and took the piss for 8 fucking years I couldn’t give a flying fuck if he finally decided to start turning up once a manager held him accountable. If it’s true we got 10m for the cunt we’ve absolute rinsed Forest this window. They can enjoy him kicking 40 yard passes out to touch while he has 3 better options on. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

😂 I've just had a load of on the spectrum Brazilian football fans descend upon me on twitter for daring to suggest that our offer of 20m, for an 18 year old who's only ever played in Brazil and has only just broken into the first team, was probably fair. They came back to me with names like Vinicius etc to give examples of players who've went for much more than that. I somehow doubt Franca is on Vinicius' level, but it would nice wouldn't it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Howay said:

I’ll be absolutely buzzing for us to finally be rid of Jonjo fucking Shelvey. I’m confused by comments regarding his attitude, the bloke is an absolute prick and took the piss for 8 fucking years I couldn’t give a flying fuck if he finally decided to start turning up once a manager held him accountable. If it’s true we got 10m for the cunt we’ve absolute rinsed Forest this window. They can enjoy him kicking 40 yard passes out to touch while he has 3 better options on. 

He was one those players who was good on his day......which meant one good game in ten......just pleased he's hopfully fucked off for good

Edited by Rosco
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RobElliott said:

Is this Romano boyo a more professional Sean Casey or does he actually have connections?

yeah, he’s a proper reporter with connections. Not one of these ITK bullshit artists 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season