Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol:

Who said he didn't try and get out of dodge?  The wage he was on would limit his chances. 

He could have taken a minor pay cut, fuck I suppose 40 or 50k/wk would be impossible to live on!
In all his time at the club I don't remember any speculation about him leaving, except when Rafa sussed the lazy cunt out.

6 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Um. no ginger pubes. If he was any good/driven, he would've transferred the fuck out of Dodge.

The fact he was happy to do what he did and just take the pay and not give a fuck says more about him than his small amount of effort for wor Eddie.

Listen, Judge Dreads. No one in their right mind changes job for a big paycut, which is what he would have had to do. 

You can't hold footballers to a higher standard than you would expect from yourself, and I know FOR A FACT that you and your ginger dreadlocks wouldn't be taking a paycut. 

So zip it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I would love to see Maddison, but think it maybe Gallagher. 

maddison would be dreamland like but it i think you're right that it's unlikely in this window. 

it msy be that they go for a like-for-like "number 6" type, giving us the option to play bruno further forwards again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

maddison would be dreamland like but it i think you're right that it's unlikely in this window. 

it msy be that they go for a like-for-like "number 6" type, giving us the option to play bruno further forwards again

I think Gordon does that anyway, looks like Willock will be unlucky to miss out when Joelinton is back in midfield? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I know FOR A FACT that you and your ginger dreadlocks wouldn't be taking a paycut.

You know nothing chinese mouse penis - I took one about 15 years ago as I had to go backwards to go forward. You just gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

And oh how I miss those dreads, unfortunately old age isn't conducive to having natty hair as it falls the fuck out :(

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Um. no ginger pubes. If he was any good/driven, he would've transferred the fuck out of Dodge.

The fact he was happy to do what he did and just take the pay and not give a fuck says more about him than his small amount of effort for wor Eddie.

11 minutes ago, sammynb said:

He could have taken a minor pay cut, fuck I suppose 40 or 50k/wk would be impossible to live on!
In all his time at the club I don't remember any speculation about him leaving, except when Rafa sussed the lazy cunt out.

10 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Even they know he's championship level.

Good to see Sammy fit and firing again :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I think Gordon does that anyway, looks like Willock will be unlucky to miss out when Joelinton is back in midfield? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aye I think Wilock will be the one to miss out.  Which for him will be harsh.  Longstaff does the dirty hard yards off the ball and for that I think he stays in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sammynb said:

You know nothing chinese mouse penis - I took one about 15 years ago as I had to go backwards to go forward. You just gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

And oh how I miss those dreads, unfortunately old age isn't conducive to having natty hair as it falls the fuck out :(

You've got a top knot now. I've never been more certain of anything in my life. 

• Haha 3

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Aye I think Wilock will be the one to miss out.  Which for him will be harsh.  Longstaff does the dirty hard yards off the ball and for that I think he stays in.

Bruno is better at the front of the midfield 3 than Willock tbf 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Good to see Sammy fit and firing again :smile:

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Sammy and G-Dogg bants got me LOLing 

Fucking hell lads, don't pile the pressure on, you'll be hounding me to start match threads next!

• Haha 2

Just now, Gemmill said:

Also I said no one in their right mind takes a paycut. Back in those dreads days you would have been permanently off your box on the Aussie equivalent of spice (spoiiice). 

So you don't qualify. 

Fuck off, didn't you get huge payout from Northern Rock just so they could get some actual workers in?

No doubt you're the Jonjo of accountants, all long balls to no one and breathing out your arse when effort is required.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Think sammy is HYPED tonight! 

image.gif.5699f414bfed58e5c1b84433be311c97.gif

Fontaines on Wednesday night, Yard Act on Thursday and Jonjo out the fucking door with a couple more upgrades in by Wednesday lunchtime (AEST) PLUS a result at SJP and I'll be all fizz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fuck off, didn't you get huge payout from Northern Rock just so they could get some actual workers in?

No doubt you're the Jonjo of accountants, all long balls to no one and breathing out your arse when effort is required.

I got NOTHING from those fools. I left just after they got bought by Clydesdale. 

I would have been due a good whack of redundancy if I'd stuck around to let things play out, but I could no longer be contained by those clowns and had to spread my wings. 

• Haha 3

Fontaines on Wednesday night, Yard Act on Thursday and Jonjo out the fucking door with a couple more upgrades in by Wednesday lunchtime (AEST) PLUS a result at SJP and I'll be all fizz.

I’ve seen both of them, Fontaine’s were great yard act a bit meh but they were supporting Foals under a railway arch in Manchester which that didn’t help tbh…

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Sheff Utd are owned by a Saudi Prince, so auld MBS might get on the blower and threaten him with a trip to a hotel for a few months, like when Bin Salman rounded up a few Princes and imprisoned them until they submitted to his rule. I was going to include a smiley face at the end of that previous statement but as it went along it no longer seemed appropriate 😂 On a side note, for the deal to make sense for Sheffield United it would need to be a large loan fee and an obligation to buy I'd imagine. Otherwise why would you just loan arguably your best player when you are trying to get promoted, you know apart from the Saudi connection as mentioned. When Sheff Utd were in the PL I do recall plenty of pundits waxing lyrical about Berge. A defensive mid with a bit of class and who can chip in with the odd goal. He's also like 6'4 so him Joelinton could absolutely dominate for us. 

He's closer to Longstaff and Willock than he is to an actual out and out DM. 

Sander Berge Football Statistics | WhoScored.com

and for the numerate among us

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Cheers F-Man.  Knew we could rely on you.

Do you have a visual comparison v Longstaff for retards like me? 

Nope.

But I can probably sort one out, given time. 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season