Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

Was just thinking that us getting Berge on a loan might actually make sense for all parties. It would get who I presume is their biggest wage earner off their books, but it would also give them the option of keeping him should they get promoted this season. Add in a hefty loan fee and we could be in business. 

Apparently Fulham have a £20m+ offer in for him. 

Aye, aside from giving a thumbs up and having a welcome chat, I doubt Eddie will have had any interaction with AG - I suspect he had little with Isak before he signed too. His work is in the dressing room and on the training ground - contracts are not the tasks for head coaches any more.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Was just thinking that us getting Berge on a loan might actually make sense for all parties. It would get who I presume is their biggest wage earner off their books, but it would also give them the option of keeping him should they get promoted this season. Add in a hefty loan fee and we could be in business. 

Wonder if MBS could lean on their owner a little.

"I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE"

I've just noticed Lee Charnley is at Forest i just hope he can sanction a few more transfers for the rest of the shite he sanctioned whilst here as Mike's lackey

Edited by Rosco

He said in a previous interview that he'll be fully focussed on the game. Probably not much for him to do at this stage anyway I'd suspect.

Edit: Fuck, this was in reply to Wykiki's post at the top of the page, damn life comes at you fast! :lol:

Edited by MrBass

12 minutes ago, Rosco said:

I've just noticed Lee Charnley is at Forest i just hope he can sanction a few more transferrs for the rest of the shite he sanctioned whilst here as Mike's lackey

unlikely to get it over the line, knowing penfold

image.thumb.png.4864f2816125a1f73278d2125a38ea0d.png

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Always had him down as a pino grigiot man

I’m going to defend him. He was our best player the season we came back up under Rafa. One of our best players while Rafa was manager full stop tbf, and the one who could play a forward pass in a negative team. 

I agree about his attitude - it’s the reason he ended up at playing for Ashley’s Newcastle  instead of making at Liverpool. And he was pretty rotten while Bruce was in charge, but then who wasn’t? It’ll always be a question of what if with him. It’s a short career and he’ll probably look back and reflect that he wasted a lot of it. 

It’s a shame because he is blessed with ability that not a lot of players have -  he is one of the best passers of the ball I’ve ever seen play for us - but I agree he lacked the desire to make it as a top player. I feel a bit for him because I think he can see where the club is going and he busted a gut to raise his game so he could be part of it. Last season was his best ever for us. Shame for him personally that in the end it was too little, too late. 

I think the difference with him to others under Bruce is he didn’t fucking try, Almiron, Joelinton, and a few others were shite but they worked Shelvey basically downed tools knowing he was getting picked regardless. 

He has ability but he’s just another in a massive line of players whose attitude stinks, for me he doesn’t deserve a chance under Howe, we’ve seen him under Howe and it was pretty average - his performances were nowhere near Bruno which is the calibre of player we are aiming to bring in and having deadwood like him is blocking that. Having another year of him on £80k a week would have been an issue, getting rid now is the best solution as we’ve not needed him at all this season. 

I’m sorry like I just can’t get my head around people watching this prick for 7 fucking years and wanting to see more of him, we can and will buy better players than he ever was even when he tried his fucking hardest for the 3-5 games a season where he did. I can’t stand him as a player, and he’s also one of them where I’ve heard enough accounts from people where I can safely assume I wouldn’t like him as a person. Good riddance to a waste of talent. I’ll be happy even if we don’t replace him, he’s done nowt this season and we now have Joelinton freed up to play CM with Gordon coming in. 

We need to be supporting and backing Howe, allowing him to bring in top players that fit in his system not hoping he can carry on polishing turds. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

I think the difference with him to others under Bruce is he didn’t fucking try, Almiron, Joelinton, and a few others were shite but they worked Shelvey basically downed tools knowing he was getting picked regardless. 

He has ability but he’s just another in a massive line of players whose attitude stinks, for me he doesn’t deserve a chance under Howe, we’ve seen him under Howe and it was pretty average - his performances were nowhere near Bruno which is the calibre of player we are aiming to bring in and having deadwood like him is blocking that. Having another year of him on £80k a week would have been an issue, getting rid now is the best solution as we’ve not needed him at all this season. 

I’m sorry like I just can’t get my head around people watching this prick for 7 fucking years and wanting to see more of him, we can and will buy better players than he ever was even when he tried his fucking hardest for the 3-5 games a season where he did. I can’t stand him as a player, and he’s also one of them where I’ve heard enough accounts from people where I can safely assume I wouldn’t like him as a person. Good riddance to a waste of talent. I’ll be happy even if we don’t replace him, he’s done nowt this season and we now have Joelinton freed up to play CM with Gordon coming in. 

We need to be supporting and backing Howe, allowing him to bring in top players that fit in his system not hoping he can carry on polishing turds. 

I broadly agree - long term he isn’t the answer but Howe said today that he doesn’t want to lose him and he clearly rates him. I doubt he will be allowed to go without a replacement coming in as we were already thin in his position.  

He’s obviously not in the same class as Bruno but I’m going to disagree about last season - I think he has been excellent since Howe arrived. I’m not however going to defend his attitude or consistency in the preceding years. The frustrating thing with him is there is a player in there and we didn’t see enough of it while he was here.

I would class Shelvey as a transition player rather than part of deadwood we still have on the books who we need to shift more urgently  - not one for the long term but a decent squad player in the short term compared to the likes of Ritchie, Hayden, Lascelles, Dummet etc. 

Having said all that, receiving £10-14m to remove his 70k per week from the wage bill is a no brainer if the FFP constraints are to be believed. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I broadly agree - long term he isn’t the answer but Howe said today that he doesn’t want to lose him and he clearly rates him. I doubt he will be allowed to go without a replacement coming in as we were already thin in his position.  

He’s obviously not in the same class as Bruno but I’m going to disagree about last season - I think he has been excellent since Howe arrived. I’m not however going to defend his attitude or consistency in the preceding years. The frustrating thing with him is there is a player in there and we didn’t see enough of it while he was here.

I would class Shelvey as a transition player rather than part of deadwood we still have on the books who we need to shift more urgently  - not one for the long term but a decent squad player in the short term compared to the likes of Ritchie, Hayden, Lascelles, Dummet etc. 

Having said all that, receiving £10-14m to remove his 70k per week from the wage bill is a no brainer if the FFP constraints are to be believed. 

The wages are the separator between him and Longstaff, that’s why I see Shelvey as someone we need shot of now and Longstaff can be a squad member. 

I think if he does go it’ll only be if we get someone in as you say. I’m hoping it’s just a loan as it seems like we’re not bringing in our top target for the role in the way that Gordon, Bruno, Botman, Pope, Tripps and Isak were our main targets. Gallagher or Berge would both be canny but I think Berge has a bit of a crap injury record?

• Like 1

I'd like to think if I was player on 50k a week spending all my time on the bench apart from an odd 3rd round cup game, and was offered a chance on slighty less money to play loads of games elsewhere I'd jump at the chance.

But no doubt my agent would be telling me to calm the fuck down say nothing and carry on milking my club for every penny I can get whilst kissing the badge / playing the odd good game to keep the fans happy

Edited by Rosco

Ive since found out players aren't necessarily arsed about money per week but contract worth.

For example, say Shelvey is on £60k per week now. His contract runs out in 6 months so thats £1.5m he is guaranteed. He could of course stay but could pick up a bad injury    and thats is career earnings done.

If he goes to Forest for say £40k per week on a 2.5 year contract then he is guaranteed circa £5.2m

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season