Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

From .com

Update: Speaking to the media on Monday morning, Eddie Howe confirmed that Shelvey was expected to undergo a medical at Forest imminently. A two and a half year contract is on the table, in return for an undisclosed transfer fee.

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

Cbs Cheers GIF by HULU

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I didn’t know that. Thought he was a “number 8” rather than a “number 6”, as the football hipsters say

So more of an attacking centrocampista than a regista? 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Can I come in front of them?  

Seeing as our new midfielder is very likely responsible for their planning, financial costs, construction and “ongoing maintenance” then unfortunately I think your request may well be declined :cuppa:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

25th April is going to be a tasty affair. :lol:

Watch some of the radgie cunts get on the pitch to try and get to him. And THEN watch Schar protect him.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

25th April is going to be a tasty affair. :lol:

Watch some of the radgie cunts get on the pitch to try and get to him. And THEN watch Schar protect him.

I hope he scores a hat trick to make their relegation a mathematical certainty.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

IMO I don't see us getting anyone in.  I can't see Howe and his team being rushed into getting the wrong player. I admire that.

Not sure how much say Eddie Howe would have in a deadline day deal. 

Without much evidence I'm fairly confident there'll be a list of targets that Howe has worked with Ashworth and Nickson to produce. If one of those players is available they wouldn't need to involve Eddie in the haggling, it'll just be a quick "Eddie, we can get X, shall we go ahead?" then they go off and sort it all out.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

IMO I don't see us getting anyone in.  I can't see Howe and his team being rushed into getting the wrong player. I admire that.

We’re definitely in the market for a midfielder on loan. Howe said as much yesterday. It would be irresponsible not to replace Shelvey. We’re only a couple of injuries away from a threadbare midfield. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Without much evidence I'm fairly confident there'll be a list of targets that Howe has worked with Ashworth and Nickson to produce. If one of those players is available they wouldn't need to involve Eddie in the haggling, it'll just be a quick "Eddie, we can get X, shall we go ahead?" then they go off and sort it all out.

Agreed. I imagine he'll be involved in internal discussions but Ashworth and, principally, Nickson who will be doing the hard graft. 

The All or Nothing: Arsenal series on Amazon Prime touched on the level of involvement the head coach has on transfer dealings when the were dealing with Aubameyang's exit. Edu drove it and just called Arteta in for a go/no-go decision. I reckon it'll be a similar thing at NUFC.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Is that Johnny X? - would be a good buy as it  would be invisible for FFP purposes. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

We’re definitely in the market for a midfielder on loan. Howe said as much yesterday. It would be irresponsible not to replace Shelvey. We’re only a couple of injuries away from a threadbare midfield. 

He also said he desperately didn't want to lose him and that it was something they weren't planning for - Shelvey has initiated this. He's barely featured for us this season so his departure isn't going to be felt massively. 

I cannot see us getting someone in just for the sake of it. They'll be planning and if they can get a target then fine, but we won't be signing someone to just make up the numbers. It's clearly not their style.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig said:

He also said he desperately didn't want to lose him and that it was something they weren't planning for - Shelvey has initiated this. He's barely featured for us this season so his departure isn't going to be felt massively. 

I cannot see us getting someone in just for the sake of it. They'll be planning and if they can get a target then fine, but we won't be signing someone to just make up the numbers. It's clearly not their style.  

i thought we definitely weren't signing anyone else after gordon? :whistle:

i'd be amazed, and a little disappointed, if we went into the second half the season with just four senior players to cover the three central midfield positions. i'm not going to include anderson because i don't think howe fancies him just yet. 

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season