Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

20 minutes ago, ewerk said:

14 minutes, mate. That might be pushing it.

You'd imagine they've advanced a few deals to a certain stage, but perhaps baulked at wage demands in Loftus-Cheeks case, or a fee in Gallagher's case. Of course that's assuming that Chelsea wouldn't just point blank not deal with us, but we've probably been speaking to other clubs as well.  As long as you get a deal sheet in before 11 all the contract negotiation, medical etc can be signed off after the deadline. Also I think rules aren't as strict for loan deals in terms of deadlines. Bruno was sent off at about 21:35, so an hour and twenty-five to get the aforementioned team sheet in if again there was any deal close to being agreed if not for the finances involved. Best case we actually had something agreed before the match but it hasn't been announced yet, but yeah it is a very long shot in any other case. 

Edited by Polarboy

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

arab GIF

Still no confirmation on the Jonjo deal btw

There's close to zero chance that Howe will mess up Shelvey's move when it's this far down the line. Especially when it's probably his last big contract. The lad has just travelled up from Nottingham so it's most likely signed off and just not officially announced. 

Don't know how accurate it is but seen someone say that we'd be fucked for a few transfer windows to come if we overspend in this financial year. I know it's been said but it boggles the mind how Chelsea are managing it, even if their commercial revenue currently dwarfs our own. I know it seems like they're doing it by spreading things over long contracts and structured payments, but the question is why couldn't we have done the same for at least one player. Hopefully by this time next year we'll have the new sponsorship, shirt deals money rolling in and we'll be in a much better position. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I am actually pleased that we don’t sign players just for the sake of it. A couple of additions would have been nice but there has been no need for signing players who don’t fit into the strategy,

To me that sounds like, I'm actually pleased my missus cheated on me, it really opened my eyes to what she's like 😂👍

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Don't know how accurate it is but seen someone say that we'd be fucked for a few transfer windows to come if we overspend in this financial year. I know it's been said but it boggles the mind how Chelsea are managing it, even if their commercial revenue currently dwarfs our own. I know it seems like they're doing it by spreading things over long contracts and structured payments, but the question is why couldn't we have done the same for at least one player. Hopefully by this time next year we'll have the new sponsorship, shirt deals money rolling in and we'll be in a much better position. 

For the right player we could have done it.

The right player clearly isn’t available right now. Let’s do the unpopular and ‘keep our powder dry’ and see what happens in June.

Who that we’re competing against has spent huge money? Maybe only Chelsea in that bracket have spent more.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

To me that sounds like, I'm actually pleased my missus cheated on me, it really opened my eyes to what she's like 😂👍

Exactly, this and me looking forward to shag some stunners in six months time instead.

• Haha 3

Longstaff will have to be the player who sits deeper with Bruno out for the next three games. A bit annoying when he's finally converted his advanced positioning in the box into goals but it could be worse. We've got ASM, Isak, Gordon and Murphy all in midfield who could fill in is some capacity (most likely advanced on the left moving Willock back to Longstaff's position). So it's not like we don't have any options. I feel like this might result in Gordon being given an earlier introduction thay Howe otherwise would have given him.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Exactly, it depends mostly what happens with our revenue. Our corporate income was neglected under Ashley's skeleton operation so the base potential was already not being realised. Add to that the additional interest from our vastly improved league position and our wholesale improvement in gameplay and the interest in the club internationally can only be growing at an impressive rate. On top of that we've also got all the extra attention from those who now despise us and can't keep their eyes off everything we do. It's a fucking great place to be.

I didn't even mention European money above, but if we manage to claim a Champion's League spot that's a massive financial boon far ahead of schedule.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Everton’s transfer dealings today were akin to Pickforr trying a save with outstretched arms.

But people are moaning about our lack of transfers…

It will all be the Saudi's/Gordon's fault too.

Sitting third in the league with a multitude of draws. The midfield appears to be barren, with only Bruno providing the necessary creative spark. However, if we are able to maintain our position within the European spots, we have the potential to experience a tremendous surge in our progress.

What did we need? Another player who can complement Bruno's efforts in the midfield

What do we get? A headless chook that runs a lot we overspend on in a position we're already well covered in.

Transfer window has been an

ABSOLUTE DISASTER 

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 2

5 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Sitting third in the league with a multitude of draws. The midfield appears to be barren, with only Bruno providing the necessary creative spark. However, if we are able to maintain our position within the European spots, we have the potential to experience a tremendous surge in our progress.

What did we need? Another player who can complement Bruno's efforts in the midfield

What do we get? A headless chook that runs a lot we overspend on in a position we're already well covered in.

ABSOLUTE DISASTER 

Costume Party Laugh GIF by Halloween Party

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

ABSOLUTE DISASTER 

Catch yourself on man, let's not forget where we were 12 months ago. If anyone had told you we'd be looking down at Spurs, Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool on January 31st, and in a cup final, you'd have laughed them off the planet.

This lot have made it clear they're not going to buy for the sake of buying, or get sucked into panic buys. Howe and co have a plan and they're executing it. 

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season