Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Who'd you love to have as a CAM if Maddison doesn't happen for whatever reason (signs an extension etc), I cant think of anyone 

Milinković-Savić would do

• Like 1

No way we go in for Shaw, even if he wanted to come, would cost too much for his age. Been linked to Tierney, who is 25, not a guaranteed starter at Arsenal, and a significant upgrade on Burn at LB. Much more fitted to our recruitment model.

• Like 1

shaw is a good age, england international. i know it's unlikely given who he plays for and the likely fee/wages, but i think he'd be perfect for us. and it's my fantasy shopping list so get to fuck

38 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

shaw is a good age, england international. i know it's unlikely given who he plays for and the likely fee/wages, but i think he'd be perfect for us. and it's my fantasy shopping list so get to fuck

Man U have triggered a one year extension on his contract, was due to end this year, now contracted through next season.

4 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

No way we go in for Shaw, even if he wanted to come, would cost too much for his age. Been linked to Tierney, who is 25, not a guaranteed starter at Arsenal, and a significant upgrade on Burn at LB. Much more fitted to our recruitment model.

I'd like to see Targett back in the side tbh, on slight on Burn but hes definitely been found out somewhat at this point and I feel with the cup final coming and going that its time for some lineup changes(as do most of us it seems).

Targett back in, Isak in, Gordon in(for miggy) and...Joelinton back out to the left wing, with ASM in, as good as he /can/ be we have lost some of the relentlessness that was the hallmark of our brilliant run earlier in the season, obviously tired legs contributes to that too but we all know that Howe can coach til his head falls off and Maxi won't become a 90 minute high intensity pressing player, at best he'll get his head up a bit more and pass occasionally.

Thats our best side for my money, no square pegs in round holes, and that team having a run of games will show us more where the first team is lacking.

I find it odd that we've a totally capable, PL quality career left back on the bench and hes not getting games and we're on about buying a new LB in summer to upgrade over the player who is supposed to be second choice in that position anyway.

• Like 3

I’d like to see try this line up, presuming Targett, Willock and Bruno are fit 

——————Pope

Trippier-Schar-Botman—targett

--Willock—Bruno—-Joelinton 

—-Gordon—-Isak—-ASM

• Like 1

Luke Shaw is steady with a good delivery but hasn’t he been played a bit at CB lately? You can definitely get at him at full-back. Good player but nah, you’re alright. Not that he would come here anyway atm 

Edited by Alex

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I'd like to see Targett back in the side tbh, on slight on Burn but hes definitely been found out somewhat at this point and I feel with the cup final coming and going that its time for some lineup changes(as do most of us it seems).

Targett back in, Isak in, Gordon in(for miggy) and...Joelinton back out to the left wing, with ASM in, as good as he /can/ be we have lost some of the relentlessness that was the hallmark of our brilliant run earlier in the season, obviously tired legs contributes to that too but we all know that Howe can coach til his head falls off and Maxi won't become a 90 minute high intensity pressing player, at best he'll get his head up a bit more and pass occasionally.

Thats our best side for my money, no square pegs in round holes, and that team having a run of games will show us more where the first team is lacking.

I find it odd that we've a totally capable, PL quality career left back on the bench and hes not getting games and we're on about buying a new LB in summer to upgrade over the player who is supposed to be second choice in that position anyway.

He's only just come back from injury hasn't he? First time in the squad since boxing day at the weekend. 

Shaw is a very decent full back but the wrong age and on Man Utd wages.. he’d really suit the side with st max on the left but as others say too inconsistent for 20 games a season. 

having seen  diaby play he would be a really big addition. As in end product wise. 

Maddison as well. 

I’m all for buying the best young talent out there but we should compliment those with some experienced players too. Tripper is the only player in the squad who has been there and some it and it probably showed on Sunday.

Edited by Dr Gloom

It’s like the Ashley years. Discussing a player who isn’t all that good anyway who we have next to no chance of signing ;) 

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season