Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

44 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

He really is a very amazing player and what can be said about him is based on very little experience.

Let me explain: the boy is an unknown player who has exploded this year at Celta de Vigo. He is only 20 years old and he made his debut two seasons ago, but in the last two seasons he has barely added 200-300 minutes.

This year, on the other hand, he is breaking it as an Attacking Medfield. He would say that the ideal position for him is where Willock is playing today. Also, I think they are players who can be similar in style.

Veiga is undoubtedly the revelation player this season in the Spanish League. I am sure that if he was playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona he would already be called up with the senior team of Spain.

He is a very physical player, but also very technical. He arrives very well from behind, breaking the line, but he also has a very good shot from distance.

Someone who can take a shot on from distance is much needed. I think Willock and Bruno have it in them but just aren't confident shooting from distance right now. 

Considering he's relatively raw and if in the same mould as Willock, price would be the main factor we'd be in for him over someone like Maddison who has consistenly proven he can unlock defences in this league. 

Hopefully we can get both:

record rights GIF

• Haha 6

17 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

what did you make asm's performance on friday night?

i noticed truefaith gave him a rating of 3 (i know, alex hurst's a cunt) which i thought was generous to be honest. we offered precisely fuck all down the left side of the pitch before he was hauled at half time. i appreciate howe has subsequently said he was carrying a slight thigh strain although that does beg the question why he started him in the first place, unless of course he's being diplomatic?

oh to see the lesser spotted maxi of december 27th 2021 again, perhaps he's been saving himself for another home game against the mancs?

He looked off the pace from the beginning, had a shit game. Excusable since HC and Almiron were both injured but the Saint being the WARRIOR that he is was willing to play through his injury for Eddie. Team player. 

Also provided the assist before the assist for the equalizer :CT:

17 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

ps.... love the perseverance with the headless chook!   :lol:

:good:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Diego21 said:

He really is a very amazing player and what can be said about him is based on very little experience.

Let me explain: the boy is an unknown player who has exploded this year at Celta de Vigo. He is only 20 years old and he made his debut two seasons ago, but in the last two seasons he has barely added 200-300 minutes.

This year, on the other hand, he is breaking it as an Attacking Medfield. He would say that the ideal position for him is where Willock is playing today. Also, I think they are players who can be similar in style.

Veiga is undoubtedly the revelation player this season in the Spanish League. I am sure that if he was playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona he would already be called up with the senior team of Spain.

He is a very physical player, but also very technical. He arrives very well from behind, breaking the line, but he also has a very good shot from distance.

Cant wait to see him play for us :wank:

I wonder if we’re all being harsh on him. He always seemed like a dirty player of limited ability when we played Man U. I don’t fancy him much either but the amount we’ve been linked with him suggests there’s interest. So Ashworth and Howe must think he would work in our system 

Price is the only real issue….people forget you don’t need 11 cultured two footed highly skilled footballers to get out of your European group, but you do need a large squad to simultaneously keep decent domestic league form . I think it’ll depend on if we qualify for the champions league.. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Until we hear anything concrete from either club it's much ado about nothing, my only comment being what I've seen of him is I wouldn't be breaking the bank.

contracted until 2025, apparently with an option to extend to 2026. Can’t see us getting him for much less than 30m with Man U wanting to fleece us as much as possible. 

45 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I wonder if we’re all being harsh on him. He always seemed like a dirty player of limited ability when we played Man U. I don’t fancy him much either but the amount we’ve been linked with him suggests there’s interest. So Ashworth and Howe must think he would work in our system 

Simon Jordan made a rare decent point yesterday. He said he thought that McTominay was very average but he also said that Eddie Howe, unlike other managers, actually improves players. So if we're in for him then Howe must have seen something he thinks he can work with and can use to make him a better player than he's currently showing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Simon Jordan made a rare decent point yesterday. He said he thought that McTominay was very average but he also said that Eddie Howe, unlike other managers, actually improves players. So if we're in for him then Howe must have seen something he thinks he can work with and can use to make him a better player than he's currently showing.

I know what he's saying, but what's the ceiling for him? a top half of the table defensive midfielder? Surely, surely there are players out there with a higher ceiling, that're in our price bracket, and would want to come? 

Like, even if Howe does manage to make him a better player, how much better can he actually get?

But, obviously, if he was playing in the J-League and his name was Sakura Mitominai, I'd be all over it. 

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I know what he's saying, but what's the ceiling for him? a top half of the table defensive midfielder? Surely, surely there are players out there with a higher ceiling, that're in our price bracket, and would want to come? 

Like, even if Howe does manage to make him a better player, how much better can he actually get?

But, obviously, if he was playing in the J-League and his name was Sakura Mitominai, I'd be all over it. 

he seems to like premier league experience too though. 

interesting to gauge what man u fans think of him. i get the sense from what i've seen on twitter that they'd snap our hands off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

interesting to gauge what man u fans think of him. i get the sense from what i've seen on twitter that they'd snap our hands off. 

That's because they think the Glazers are really going to sell and they'll need room for 3 100m players in the squad 🙂 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Scott McTominay (Out) - Newcastle interested + McTominay open to move due to concerns about playing time (Luke Edwards, Telegraph) | RedCafe.net

consensus seems to be he's not good enough for where they should be aiming for. If that's the case for them, then it should be true for us too. 

• Like 5

Celta de Vigo President have said today that 4 of the Top10 Premier League teams have asked info about Gabri Veiga (In Spain some weeks ago the press said that Newcastle, Arsenal and Man United scouters were in the stands to see the pplayer) and that they only sell veiga for his realase clause (35M£)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

Celta de Vigo President have said today that 4 of the Top10 Premier League teams have asked info about Gabri Veiga (In Spain some weeks ago the press said that Newcastle, Arsenal and Man United scouters were in the stands to see the pplayer) and that they only sell veiga for his realase clause (35M£)

And £35m is significantly less than I think Manchester United would ask in return for Scott McTominay.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

And £35m is significantly less than I think Manchester United would ask in return for Scott McTominay.

Except they don't play in the same position. You're comparing registas and trequartistas here (apples and oranges for the old folk).

• Haha 4

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season