Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

If we end up getting McTominay, I couldn't give a fuck how much we pay for him. It's not coming out my bank account. It fucking better not anyway.

The only reason I care about it is that FFP now means we have a limit on spending and I want us to be as good as possible as soon as possible.

IF we could spend 50 million on McTominay or 30 on someone as good from elsewhere I want us to do that so we can invest more in the team.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

The only reason I care about it is that FFP now means we have a limit on spending and I want us to be as good as possible as soon as possible.

IF we could spend 50 million on McTominay or 30 on someone as good from elsewhere I want us to do that so we can invest more in the team.

Yeah, that's the thing for me, it's not that McTominay is so bad that he'd be a net negative on the team, it's that for the position he plays, there are cheaper alternatives with greater talent/potential.

Said it before, but Milinkovic Savic can play the same position as McTominay and is much, much better and would definitely be available for <£45m

On 29/03/2023 at 20:34, strawb said:

Youse are all arguing about a player mentioned in an article by a know knowt, must be international week 

romano reckons we're after him too. it's a few credible sources now that have suggested he's on our list 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

romano reckons we're after him too. it's a few credible sources now that have suggested he's on our list 

Credible sources still get more wrong than they get right

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, strawb said:

romano gets it right more often than most. it's safe to assume mctominay is on our radar. whether it happens or not is another question

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

romano gets it right more often than most.

Not saying much that like.

McTominey might be on our radar, I don’t really care. I was underwhelmed when we bought Burn and Targett but was obviously wrong, I might just have to finally accept the people who work for us know more about football than a 38 year old mong from boro.

If the manager Ok’s it then go for it imo, not my money.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, strawb said:

Not saying much that like.

McTominey might be on our radar, I don’t really care. I was underwhelmed when we bought Burn and Targett but was obviously wrong, I might just have to finally accept the people who work for us know more about football than a 38 year old mong from boro.

If the manager Ok’s it then go for it imo, not my money.

i agree. he wouldn't be my pick, but i trust those making the decision if they do go for him as they've got pretty much everything right so far. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Fish enters the chat

cosmo kramer pimp GIF

latest?cb=20180415162133

"....and I said to my wife, for serie a, we must go to Don Ciaoman."

The_Godfather_Don_Corleone.png

"What do you want me to do?"

[Whispers inaudibly]

58964aa501769bd9178e90e088bc8cfb

hqdefault.jpg

"That I cannot do. If you had've come to me as a friend and asked me if he was any good then the information you want would yours this very day, but let's be frank, you didn't want my friendship, even though we all look at PLs GIFs drinking coffee. You came on this message board and you had a good time skiving at work and you didn't need a man like me, you went to your stat hipsters instead, but now you say, 'Don Ciaoman, give me his xG stats.' You don't show any respect."

main-qimg-947dee5f587d1888116ffc2533e40e

"Be my friend........ Godfather."

"Very well. Ok, he's a canny player, I'd definitely have him in the side. For now, accept this serie a crack as a present on the day of my first day off till Tuesday."

ThatJoyfulAfricanmolesnake-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 5

22 hours ago, strawb said:

Aye. I would guess they’re deliberately fed duff info at times. Like this could be coming from the player’s agent without any genuine interest from our end 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

latest?cb=20180415162133

"....and I said to my wife, for serie a, we must go to Don Ciaoman."

The_Godfather_Don_Corleone.png

"What do you want me to do?"

[Whispers inaudibly]

58964aa501769bd9178e90e088bc8cfb

hqdefault.jpg

"That I cannot do. If you had've come to me as a friend and asked me if he was any good then the information you want would yours this very day, but let's be frank, you didn't want my friendship, even though we all look at PLs GIFs drinking coffee. You came on this message board and you had a good time skiving at work and you didn't need a man like me, you went to your stat hipsters instead, but now you say, 'Don Ciaoman, give me his xG stats.' You don't show any respect."

main-qimg-947dee5f587d1888116ffc2533e40e

"Be my friend........ Godfather."

"Very well. Ok, he's a canny player, I'd definitely have him in the side. For now, accept this serie a crack as a present on the day of my first day off till Tuesday."

ThatJoyfulAfricanmolesnake-max-1mb.gif

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

Obviously 🙂 

Edited by RobinRobin
  • Haha 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season