Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Very calm finish from him, especially considering the occasion of a cup final. It hasn't been the best game to watch, but he's looked quality whenever he's managed to get on the ball. He's definitely more athletic, stronger, and pacier than Maddison. It would nice of course if it wasn't a case of one or the other if reports are to be believed. They could definitely both fit in the starting eleven. They're both flexible enough to fit in multiple midfield and attacking positions. One could start in the attacking three and the other could start in the midfield three. You'd imagine that now Leipzig's season is over things will start to move with regard to him leaving. Whether he's definitely coming to us or not is not entirely clear yet of course. 

Edited by Polarboy

Szoboszlai's goal in the German cup final for anyone who's interested. Somebody was saying that he wasn't really celebrating with his teammates on the pitch afterwards, he was just standing on the side of the pitch. You could obviously read too much into that, but it's certainly odd if that was the case. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Does he fit Eddie's "no dickheads" policy though?

captains his country at just 22 years of age, suggests he’s got a good attitude 

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Does he fit Eddie's "no dickheads" policy though?

Well if I was a Leipzig fan I probably wouldn't be happy with his twerking for other teams with his recent comments. Then again he is only 22 so you probably can't hold too much against him. And as has been pointed out he must have something about him to be captaining his national side at such a young age. Hopefully all this talk isn't academic and he actually joins 😂 I don't know how reliable German Sky Sports News is but they seem to be pretty sure he's leaving at the very least, and of course he himself is quoted as being open to a move. It will likely come down to the transfer fee and how he fits into our budget, whether or not it's an either or situation between him and Maddison, and if that's the case who the number one target is. 

• Like 2

On 03/06/2023 at 13:57, Polarboy said:
Somebody was saying that he wasn't really celebrating with his teammates on the pitch afterwards, he was just standing on the side of the pitch. 

Too busy celebrating in front of a Frankfurt supporter.   :boss:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Too busy celebrating in front of a Frankfurt supporter.   :boss:

Yeah I seen that. I'll never understand the mentality of a fan trying to slag off a player who's just helped beat your team to a cup or even just an average game. He literally only has to do what he did by kissing the medal to nullify any shite coming out of the guys mouth. 

We're about to find out how much of a soft cock Harry Kane is cos it sounds like Benzema leaving has made Kane a big target for them.

Borderline irreplaceable for Spurs as well, even if they get £100m for him, which is lovely news.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We're about to find out how much of a soft cock Harry Kane is cos it sounds like Benzema leaving has made Kane a big target for them.

Borderline irreplaceable for Spurs as well, even if they get £100m for him, which is lovely news.

madrid is the perfect move for kane - and shearer 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I reckon it’s probably his last chance too. He’s 29 and Madrid will sign someone else if he looks like he’s not sure. That said, I think it might provoke interest from Man Utd. Definitely better for us if he joins Madrid 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I reckon it’s probably his last chance too. He’s 29 and Madrid will sign someone else if he looks like he’s not sure. That said, I think it might provoke interest from Man Utd. Definitely better for us if he joins Madrid 

Better for him. Although language will be an issue. 

• Like 1

That hopefully leaves Maddison and Szoboszlai, perhaps both, for our midfield requirements, or at the very least Liverpool should be out of the running for the two. It seems highly unlikely that Liverpool would sign Mac Allister, Veiga plus either Maddison or Szoboszlai. You'd think they'd be looking for a more defensive and or box to box type player to compliment Mac Allister and Veiga if indeed they are looking to make three midfield signings. Veiga could be an amazing signing and I'd obviously take him at the club, but of three he's the most likely to take time to settle given he only has one full season of senior football, and might not take to leaving his homeland at such a young age. The pro to the deal is obviously the relatively low price of the buy out clause for such a young player with a very high ceiling. Apparently several sources from the club, according to chicken nonce, denied that Veiga would be joining. So whether that means we were knocked back or he was never a primary target of ours is open to debate. 

Edited by Polarboy

Chicken nonce knows nowt, there are no sources, Ashworth clamped down on that, wasn’t there a fake leak in Jan to flush out a leaker iirc.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Chicken nonce knows nowt, there are no sources, Ashworth clamped down on that, wasn’t there a fake leak in Jan to flush out a leaker iirc.

Maybe he is talking shite, but a club telling a journo who they aren't after is far more likely than telling them who they are after. Plus chicken nonce usually covers his back by being vague. If a football journo states anything with authority and with no get out of jail free card it's usually the truth. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season