Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

:pray:   Go get him!

Dybala:

"It is hard to find the right words to say goodbye, there are so many years and so many emotions involved, all at once....
I thought we would be together even more years, but fate puts us on different paths.

I will never forget everything you have made me experience, every game, every goal.
With you I grew, I learned, I lived and I dreamed.
It was 7 years of magic, of 12 trophies and 115 goals that no one will take away from us. Never.
Thank you for supporting me in difficult times.

Thank you to those who accompanied me during these years: from the first to the last, from the fans to the people working inside the company, everyone, coaches and teammates, employees and managers.

Wearing this important jersey along with the captain's armband has been one of the greatest pride of my life, which I hope to show my children and grandchildren someday.

Tomorrow will be my last game in this jersey, it's hard to imagine, but it will be our last goodbye. It won't be easy, but I will walk onto the field with a smile and my head held high knowing that I have given everything for you."

34 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Cornet is available for £17.5m if Burnley go down.

Hed be a very good squad addition based on this season. 

Based on the relegation release clauses id prefer Phillips for 25 million though and not having Everton in the league would also be preferable 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I don't thimk Everton will be of any consequence if they stay up.

Well no, i just hate them

8 hours ago, Diego21 said:

Whats the deal with him Diego? He seemed to be a star in the making a few years ago but then went to china at 25 or so? I knew he was back in Madrid but I assumed he'd taken a drop in quality and gone off for the pay check with his china trip.

Is he good? is 50 million pounds actually a reasonable fee for him?

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Whats the deal with him Diego? He seemed to be a star in the making a few years ago but then went to china at 25 or so? I knew he was back in Madrid but I assumed he'd taken a drop in quality and gone off for the pay check with his china trip.

Is he good? is 50 million pounds actually a reasonable fee for him?

Allow me to expand a bit on the Carrasco issue.

I will start by saying that he is a superb player. And that at the level it is currently at, €60M is a fair price.

In his day, Fooball Leaks leaked the transfer of Carrasco from Monaco to Atleti. Monaco kept 25% of the pass, because they understood that Atleti was going to sell it shortly. But it is that, in addition, Atlético put the player's file (valued at about €20M at the time) as collateral for some loans that the club had requested from a Canadian investment fund. OKAY. this was 2015

Carrasco grew a lot as a shock in the 2015-2016 season. He was a pure winger, a dribbler, but it was difficult for him to start because Atleti did not usually play with wingers. But that year Atleti hardly had any real strikers (Griezmann and later Torres had a few good months) so Carrasco played a lot as a second striker.

In his 2016-2017 season he was incredible, but little by little he was deflating. He started having a bad attitude. When the coach put him on the right wing, he stopped running and fighting.

He had problems in the locker room. One day, after drawing in the UCL against Qarabag (for which Atleti was eliminated from the group stage) he had a fight in the locker room with the captains Koke, Gabi and Godín. In February 2018, with the market closed to sign players in Spain... he went to China (the same day that Atleti opened a franchise team in Canada. Do you remember that he came and was put as a guarantee for a Canadian company? )

Also, he went to the Dalian team. The team was owned by a Chinese businessman named Wanda. Wanda is the man who in 2017 bought 20% of Atlético de Madrid for 50 million euros and also put his name as the name of the stadium (Wanda Metropolitano). That same day, Atleti sold Nico Gaitán and Carrasco to the same team, but the amount of the operations was never known.

In China he played as a second striker (the team was coached by Benítez). But there he had many discipline problems. He got into a fight with a teammate (he broke his jaw Steven Taylor-Carroll) and was suspended from employment and wages twice.

He returned in January 2020 because he came for free... Atleti needed attackers and at the last minute they couldn't sign Cavani. So Carrasco arrived. The truth is, he did not have any impact between the months of January and March. He could tell that he arrived without rhythm and from a minor league. But then came the break due to the pandemic...

He now seems like a much more mature player. Last season he played the whole year as a left winger and it was incredible the fight he put in and the tactical conditions he showed. He is a player who, when he is plugged in, reaches the 90th minute after running the entire game and continues to run and dribble rivals.

Today he is one of our best players. In my opinion, together with Correa, he has been the best player this season. It is true that he had some bad games (when he was sent off in the Champions League and was banned for 3 games he seemed to fade).

I really believe that he has the quality to play for any team in the world and when he is at his best he is an absolutely differential player.

I also think that his best position is on the left wing and that it wouldn't make much sense to sign him if the club is going to stay and really trust Saint Maximin.

• Like 5

Cheers man!

Good a player as he is he doesn't sound like someone with a track record that would lead to Howe wanting him, can't imagine us dropping 50 million on someone with a track record of fighting team mates and not putting in the effort when hes not played exactly how he wants to be.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Is he a 50ft Japanese robot with titanium knuckle spears? 

Well we know Bruno likes anime so they'd have something to talk about I suppose

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

Allow me to expand a bit on the Carrasco issue.

I will start by saying that he is a superb player. And that at the level it is currently at, €60M is a fair price.

In his day, Fooball Leaks leaked the transfer of Carrasco from Monaco to Atleti. Monaco kept 25% of the pass, because they understood that Atleti was going to sell it shortly. But it is that, in addition, Atlético put the player's file (valued at about €20M at the time) as collateral for some loans that the club had requested from a Canadian investment fund. OKAY. this was 2015

Carrasco grew a lot as a shock in the 2015-2016 season. He was a pure winger, a dribbler, but it was difficult for him to start because Atleti did not usually play with wingers. But that year Atleti hardly had any real strikers (Griezmann and later Torres had a few good months) so Carrasco played a lot as a second striker.

In his 2016-2017 season he was incredible, but little by little he was deflating. He started having a bad attitude. When the coach put him on the right wing, he stopped running and fighting.

He had problems in the locker room. One day, after drawing in the UCL against Qarabag (for which Atleti was eliminated from the group stage) he had a fight in the locker room with the captains Koke, Gabi and Godín. In February 2018, with the market closed to sign players in Spain... he went to China (the same day that Atleti opened a franchise team in Canada. Do you remember that he came and was put as a guarantee for a Canadian company? )

Also, he went to the Dalian team. The team was owned by a Chinese businessman named Wanda. Wanda is the man who in 2017 bought 20% of Atlético de Madrid for 50 million euros and also put his name as the name of the stadium (Wanda Metropolitano). That same day, Atleti sold Nico Gaitán and Carrasco to the same team, but the amount of the operations was never known.

In China he played as a second striker (the team was coached by Benítez). But there he had many discipline problems. He got into a fight with a teammate (he broke his jaw Steven Taylor-Carroll) and was suspended from employment and wages twice.

He returned in January 2020 because he came for free... Atleti needed attackers and at the last minute they couldn't sign Cavani. So Carrasco arrived. The truth is, he did not have any impact between the months of January and March. He could tell that he arrived without rhythm and from a minor league. But then came the break due to the pandemic...

He now seems like a much more mature player. Last season he played the whole year as a left winger and it was incredible the fight he put in and the tactical conditions he showed. He is a player who, when he is plugged in, reaches the 90th minute after running the entire game and continues to run and dribble rivals.

Today he is one of our best players. In my opinion, together with Correa, he has been the best player this season. It is true that he had some bad games (when he was sent off in the Champions League and was banned for 3 games he seemed to fade).

I really believe that he has the quality to play for any team in the world and when he is at his best he is an absolutely differential player.

I also think that his best position is on the left wing and that it wouldn't make much sense to sign him if the club is going to stay and really trust Saint Maximin.

Diego you want to get these scout reports into the club!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Well we know Bruno likes anime so they'd have something to talk about I suppose

Off tangent but the Chargers just released their new schedule.   :D

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

Ilkay Gundogan has been told he can find another club this summer, we should be all over that.

Great player but there’s rumours from city fans his recent back problems are chronic and his legs have gone

24 minutes ago, strawb said:

Great player but there’s rumours from city fans his recent back problems are chronic and his legs have gone

Hes managed to play 18 of their 24 games since the start of the year tbf, he can't be struggling that much. You'd hope medicals and things would pick up those issues if we pursued a signing.

• Like 2

Aye thats fair, as intensive as peps tactics are I imagine being a midfielder in a team that has the lions share of possession in EVERY game is probably easier on the legs as well.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season