Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Wonder if he is capable of playing number 8 as well?

Couldn't really tell you much about it/him but if he/it can't get in a team which is joint bottom of the PL then it raises alarm bells. But in Eddie we trust.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Whenever we played the Scouse Mackems, he was alwas the one I thought was the danger (in a non AJ way) and hoped someone would snap him. He'll be a monster for us when he's been Eddie'd.

• Like 2

Not sure what people are complaining about. He’s a scouse shithouse, they’re fuckin experts man , remember we were the club who welcomed Joey Barton and look what a success that turned out to be….he barely played whilst injured, got thrown in jail for beating up a child and then got sent off at Anfield when we were fighting relegation :good: 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Not sure what people are complaining about. He’s a scouse shithouse, they’re fuckin experts man , remember we were the club who welcomed Joey Barton and look what a success that turned out to be….he barely played whilst injured, got thrown in jail for beating up a child and then got sent off at Anfield when we were fighting relegation :good: 

ah Joey Barton, left Man City in search of silverware. Then got sent off for QPR to help City to the title

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

5Live making a big deal of the fact we've paid the 40 up front in a one-er. 

Sounds like no one does that these days but I'm guessing Everton needed the cash. 

Yeah selling one of their best players in the middle of a relegation fight would suggest money issues :cuppa:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

5Live making a big deal of the fact we've paid the 40 up front in a one-er. 

Sounds like no one does that these days but I'm guessing Everton needed the cash. 

If city had fuck all would be made of it. The tory fucking loving BBC CUNTS

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Given his age 40M really isn't an exorbitant amount considering what wide forwards have gone for in the last couple of windows. I don't get the fuss over the fee either. If Howe is able to work his magin on Gordon it'll feel like a bargain, like the Botman and Bruno transfers do now.

• Like 1

Hopefully Trippier will stay on in a coaching capacity after he retires if that's something he's interested in, at least until he completes his badges if he isn't already doing them. He's clearly an immense influence on the team with his professionalism and general attitude. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Hopefully Trippier will stay on in a coaching capacity after he retires if that's something he's interested in, at least until he completes his badges if he isn't already doing them. He's clearly an immense influence on the team with his professionalism and general attitude. 

I can't remember what interview I watched with him, but he definitely wants to go into management when he's finished playing. 

• Like 1

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere, but Gordon was still on his 5 year contract at Everton that he signed as a 19 year old academy graduate who was just breaking into the first team. He's on comparative peanuts (sub 15k a week) which is a big part of why he wanted to leave. Everton baulked at improving his contract even after they avoided relegation which tells you just how poor their financial position is. They were either hoping to retain him on low wages or to sell him off.

What it means for us is he doesn't go close to damaging our wage structure and his overall cost, despite the high initial price, is not as impactful to our FFP position as an older player of similar price would be.

From everything I've seen of him the kid's a catalyst on the pitch which will be very welcome. He'll be eager to play for a team that's not holding up the league and Howe will embrace the challenge of getting the most out of him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

A haricut should be the first order of business for the little prick. 

Oh, our little prick I mean. 

A haircut is the least of his problems.

Screenshot_20230127_203419_Google.thumb.jpg.bba65c76d4325e54c649e4f4826ca19a.jpg

Oh, and let the shithousing be turned up to 11.

• Haha 5
  • Jaysus... 1

4 minutes ago, OTF said:

From everything I've seen of him the kid's a catalyst on the pitch

Good description. He makes things happen which we've looked like we could do with on occasion this season. 

I've always thought as well as being an utter shithouse he was Everton's biggest threat recently when we played them. Probably why I fucking hated him so much, he never really punished us though. Let's hope he's more Wayne Rooney than Ross Barkley. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season