Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

19 minutes ago, Howay said:

I know, I’m saying I disagree with that logic. Why would Rodgers, a manager that’s somewhat clinging onto his job care? He’s going to put out the best side he can, he won’t want rid of Maddison and Tete and Harrison would be a downgrade, so to me his only thinking would be winning now managing the side he has and not worrying about an injury to a player who may or may not be sold. Harrison played today as well, I’m pretty sure Trippier played the day or so before he signed for us.

Fwiw I think us signing Maddison is unlikely, I can see us either being done or signing a youth prospect but my point is Rodgers playing him today is no bearing on whether Maddison is going or not. 

It isn't just down to Rogers. If he's told from the higher ups that a player is being sold because it makes financial sense, he doesn't have final say only an input that they may or may not listen to. And I'm sure there are some instances where a player has played and then has been sold not long after, but the norm is that the play is wrapped up in cotton wool if they're most likely on their way out. 

7 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

It isn't just down to Rogers. If he's told from the higher ups that a player is being sold because it makes financial sense, he doesn't have final say only an input that they may or may not listen to. And I'm sure there are some instances where a player has played and then has been sold not long after, but the norm is that the play is wrapped up in cotton wool if they're most likely on their way out. 

:lol: That’s a massive assumption like. A lot of managers wouldn’t put up with that. Again I think you’re putting far and away too much emphasis on peoples fears players get injured. It’s also you just assuming it’s the norm, there’s nothing I’ve seen about that but I have seen plenty players play games in January while a sale seems close. Agree to disagree I suppose but I don’t think it’s any indication whatsoever. 

Edited by Howay

8 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: That’s a massive assumption like. A lot of managers wouldn’t put up with that. Again I think you’re putting far and away too much emphasis on peoples fears players get injured. It’s also you just assuming it’s the norm, there’s nothing I’ve seen about that but I have seen plenty players play games in January while a sale seems close. Agree to disagree I suppose but I don’t think it’s any indication whatsoever. 

It's really isn't a massive assumption, it literally happens all the time. A common indication that people look for after heavy speculation is if a player isn't included in the starting eleven and sometimes even squad. There's literally no manager who has absolute control of ins and outs nowadays. Some have more say that others, but again none have total control. But yeah agree to disagree. 

Ashby has reportedly removed all the West Ham insignias etc from his social media. So if this falls through and he has to stay at the 'ammers until the summer he's going to look like a bit of a tit. 

46 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Ashby has reportedly removed all the West Ham insignias etc from his social media. So if this falls through and he has to stay at the 'ammers until the summer he's going to look like a bit of a tit. 

Ah, so it’s him next to Gordon.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

According to “a friend”, it’s his lass. 
K6nrP6ZK_400x400.jpg

Maybe it's a forced perspective kind of thing? He makes stick insects look chubby so that makes her tits look huge? 

Or maybe she's so top heavy she falls over in a slight breeze? 

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season