Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

He’d be mental to go there tbh. I suppose if they offer enough money it might tempt him but he will get a move to a steadier club in the near future. 

Agreed, a loan move might make some sense, but a permanent move to a relegation threatened, Sean Dyche lead, toxic Everton... that's bad, that's very very bad.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised if these links are mainly for SSN to keep us interested, we could very well be done, which would be fine IMO.

We don't desperately need to replace Shelvey, he hasn't been available all season anyway.

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Wouldn't be surprised if these links are mainly for SSN to keep us interested, we could very well be done, which would be fine IMO.

We don't desperately need to replace Shelvey, he hasn't been available all season anyway.

We were already light in CM. You ideally want 5/6 players to cover those three positions.

When Shelvey goes we’re left with:

Bruno

Longstaff

Willock

Joelinton

Anderson (who Howe doesn’t seem to fancy) 

Surely we’re getting another body in, even if it’s a stopgap loan 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve honestly never got the hype about him.

Same here. I'd rather we get in Berge on loan and then assess the situation in the summer especially if we qualify for Europe and can splash the cash with new sponsorships in.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

We were already light in CM. You ideally want 5/6 players to cover those three positions.

Bruno

Longstaff

Willock

Joelinton

Howe has said as much about getting a loan in, we are definitely looking.

Was going to say this would be a good time for Anderson to see if the can make the step up. This might be harsh because he's had very limited playing time but from what we've seen of him so far this season he is nowhere near ready.

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Bruno

Longstaff

Willock

Joelinton

Ideally yes, but desperately no, Shelvey's basically been gone all season.

re: Anderson, I have seen absolutely nothing from him yet, not even a spark, to suggest that he's what the hype suggested he was when we kept him around.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Bruno

Longstaff

Willock

Joelinton

I think there is a fairly blurry line between our midfield and front line players, Joelinton being the most obvious, but just looking at the players list on .com a fair few front liners are on there as midfielders (aye I know it’s opinion based.)

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Ideally yes, but desperately no, Shelvey's basically been gone all season.

re: Anderson, I have seen absolutely nothing from him yet, not even a spark, to suggest that he's what the hype suggested he was when we kept him around.

Our first team is mint but the depth isn’t there in reserve in midfield. We might get lucky and make it to the end of the season without one of the four main lads getting injured but it’s a gamble. I’d be surprised if we don’t get one more in 

3 minutes ago, Dougle said:

I think there is a fairly blurry line between our midfield and front line players, Joelinton being the most obvious, but just looking at the players list on .com a fair few front liners are on there as midfielders (aye I know it’s opinion based.)

who else covers cm other than those I’ve listed? Almiron has played there but that was under the cabbage

33 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Agreed, a loan move might make some sense, but a permanent move to a relegation threatened, Sean Dyche lead, toxic Everton... that's bad, that's very very bad.

Aye, I think a loan to us would be ideal for him as it’s a positive high flying side he’d look decent in even if he wasn’t spectacular, which would set him up for a move in the summer - going to Everton could see him headed for the Championship on big wages with a big fee, and a fan base who would threaten him. 

I agree with Tom in that I’m not a huge fan of Gallagher, he’s a hard worker but I’ve not seen loads else. He was rated at Palace and if Howe/team are interested I’d give him a chance, I do think he’s lower down the list though which is why we want him on loan. The point is probably moot anyway as I highly doubt Chelsea would let him go to us. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Our first team is mint but the depth isn’t there in reserve in midfield. We might get lucky and make it to the end of the season without one of the four main lads getting injured but it’s a gamble. I’d be surprised if we don’t get one more in 

We'll only get one more in if it's someone we want, we won't get one in if it has a detrimental effect on our plans for the summer/main targets.

Of course he would :lol: 

Like most of us he’ll have seen the fans chasing the players down the streets and stopping their cars with road blocks to drag them out of their vehicles to abuse them. 

Gordon will be feeling like a lucky man right now.

• Like 2

Looks like Chelsea inching closer to Fernandez. That might set a few things in motion. 

How much of an upgrade over Longstaff would Gallagher be in the final third? I honestly don't know. From what I've seen of the Chelsea man his strengths are energy and intensity.  

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season