Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

I think RW is a bigger priority. Joelinton, ASM, Gordon, Anderson, Isak and Murphy can play LW. RW it’s Miggy, Murphy and Gordon 

RW - Diaby

DM - Rice or someone more affordable 

AM - Maddison or Szoboszlai

LB - Tierney

plus  a young CF and CD

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I think RW is a bigger priority. Joelinton, ASM, Gordon, Anderson, Isak and Murphy can play there. RW it’s Miggy, Murphy and Gordon 

RW - Diaby

DM - Rice or someone more affordable 

AM - Maddison or Szoboszlai

LB - Tierney

plus  a young CF and CD

Excited Season 9 GIF by Friends

• Haha 4

Watching Leic vs Liverpool.

Used to get excited when people linked us to tielemans and maddison... Can't say I watch them regularly and I know its only 1 game...

These lads have no fight in them... they're in the relegation spots. 

Never realised how skinny Maddison was... Both of these lads under 6 foot as well.👎

128759876_3787425114643640_6376575020263

proboscis-monkey-eating

Lets just pick up the 6 foot 1 Hungarian. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Watching Leic vs Liverpool.

Used to get excited when people linked us to tielemans and maddison... Can't say I watch them regularly and I know its only 1 game...

These lads have no fight in them... they're in the relegation spots. 

Never realised how skinny Maddison was... Both of these lads under 6 foot as well.👎

128759876_3787425114643640_6376575020263

proboscis-monkey-eating

Lets just pick up the 6 foot 1 Hungarian. 

ASM is 5’8” in his Cuban heels 👍🏻

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Maddison has been single handedly keeping them afloat for weeks tbh. He’s got plenty of fight but he’s only one player. The tide has taken him eventually 

10 goals and 9 assists I think 

1 minute ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Acceptable height for tricky wingers and Kings. e,g Napoleon Bonaparte etc 

Home Video Dancing GIF

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Funny how quickly the Twitter consensus turns 180. It appears Maddison and JWP are no longer good enough 

I've never rated JWP.  But that's probably because he's played in a shite team under shite managers

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I've never rated JWP.  But that's probably because he's played in a shite team under shite managers

He seems to be good at golf though. 🙂 

4 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Maddison has been single handedly keeping them afloat for weeks tbh. He’s got plenty of fight but he’s only one player. The tide has taken him eventually 

Aye the way people have went on about him is weird, he’s managed 10, 12, 8, 6, 7 goals and 9, 8, 5, 3, 7 assists across his 5 seasons in the PL. He’s a brilliant player, I’d be buzzing to get him for our side as I think he would be a quality addition. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye the way people have went on about him is weird, he’s managed 10, 12, 8, 6, 7 goals and 9, 8, 5, 3, 7 assists across his 5 seasons in the PL. He’s a brilliant player, I’d be buzzing to get him for our side as I think he would be a quality addition. 

And he's the kind of player we need. He's young, technically gifted, hard working, higher ceiling than the players we have, English (for home-grown rules) and creative as all hell.

I don't subscribe to the idea that teams who've performed badly can't be cherry picked for good players. It's like JWP at Southampton, they're deservedly going down, but JWP would be a good signing for a whole stack of teams in the PL. Or Pickford from Sunderland e.g.

LOL Just Kidding, Pickford is turboshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That's the thing though. In an ideal world every player would give 100% for their current club until the end of the season. This would see more games toward the end of the season play out like ours against Leeds. Teams scrapping their way to a point against far superior competition, rather than the roll over and tickle my belly approach shown by Leicester against Liverpool.

In reality though, Maddison knows that if Leicester go down he's fine as there's every chance a CL side will swoop in and buy him. Not saying he's not putting in any effort but I'm sure there's time where a team mate fucks up an attacking move, or someone makes a defensive blunder, he asks himself what the point is as he won't be there next season.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MrBass said:

That's the thing though. In an ideal world every player would give 100% for their current club until the end of the season. This would see more games toward the end of the season play out like ours against Leeds. Teams scrapping their way to a point against far superior competition, rather than the roll over and tickle my belly approach shown by Leicester against Liverpool.

In reality though, Maddison knows that if Leicester go down he's fine as there's every chance a CL side will swoop in and buy him. Not saying he's not putting in any effort but I'm sure there's time where a team mate fucks up an attacking move, or someone makes a defensive blunder, he asks himself what the point is as he won't be there next season.

Quick browse of their board's thread about him and the conversation appears to be trying to work out if Maddison is trying so hard because he wants them to stay up, or just that he's playing for a move.

10 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

https://fbref.com/en/stathead/player_comparison.cgi?request=1&sum=0&dom_lg=1&player_id1=ee38d9c5&p1yrfrom=2022-2023&player_id2=934e1968&p2yrfrom=2022-2023

Szoboszlai beats Maddison imo.

He's also over 6 foot.

We also need to bring up the average looks (aL) in the team after it took a massive nose dive from bringing in HC.

It's very close, if you ask me. Maddison has the benefit of Premier League experience, English, and may be cheaper.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Even more so if you're somewhat cynical. If Leicester's hand is forced, as it would be with a relegation, he will go for less than he otherwise would have which could translate to him getting a higher wage. Not much motivation to keep Leicester up if you know you'll be paid more elsewhere if they get relegated.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's very close, if you ask me. Maddison has the benefit of Premier League experience, English, and may be cheaper.

Szoboszlai for me, but would love them both. The premier league experience is undoubtedly of huge value but Szoboszlai has a higher ceiling and already a superior pedigree IMO. In saying that it won't be easy to pry him away from a competition closer to home and a team with two of his countrymen in it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

From 5'20"

Yeah, I'm not paying attention to a Leicester fan who's called in to TalkSport.

Come on Wykiki, you should be better than this.

Edited by The Fish
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, toonotl said:

Granted JWP lacks for strength and power, but I thought I saw a stat showing that he covered amongst the most kms/p match of any player in the PL. If not the most. I also don't doubt his technique either as he's one of the best technical players going around when it comes to finding a pass, cross or shot. Granted he lacks in dribbling and he's only an average tackler compared to others in his position. I too thought JWP wasn't worth the gamble but I saw an article the other week pointing out his strengths and I've kinda been won over to thinking he might be worth it for the right price. If we could get him for between 10-15m, then I think that would be good business to add another set of legs in midfield that run all day, with the added benefit of some good technical abilities and set piece prowess that is unmatched. I think it's become a little bit fashionable to hate on him as a one trick pony type of player who has found his level at the bottom end of the PL. But I think that may well be a matter of his reality being confused with his potential. I'd like to see us at least test Southampton's resolve to keep him if we low-ball them, knowing that the player is likely never going to get a better chance to leave and will certainly be onboard and agitating to be allowed to do so.

Great squad addition, not long term first team solution. 

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season