frankie goes to walton and his match throwing twats v diplomacy eddie and his robbed blind heroes

thebrokendoll

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Ffs man we’ve only won 4 more games than them. If they do put a run together it only takes a couple of wins to make that mini league trying to avoid 3rd.

They have 2 games in hand and have some poor teams to play.

It could get a lot tighter before it’s settled.

Four more games is fucking HUGE man. They've only won 3 all season and you've got them winning another 4 just to get ahead of us. 

Like we're just done collecting points for the season and are ready to just curl into a ball and hope that 31 is enough. As I've said previously, we managed 0.5 points per game from August to December. Even an absolutely inexplicable return to that utterly shit form would see us to 36 points. 

The idea that 4 of the 6 teams below us are going to beat that is just complete idiotic fantasy. 

• Like 1

We'll absolutely do Leicester at home btw. When we get to Norwich, they'll be down and Wilson could well be fit. Chuck in a couple of games against Palace and Wolves who are similarly on easy street and baby, you got a stew going. Would be canny funny if we fucked up the title race for either Liverpool or Man City, which is well possible. I don't mind which since fuck them both

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

granted.

however, everton were fucking appalling and there for the taking, even with 11 men. it was a fucking shocking performance and a negative  result against spurs takes away all our momentum. 

damn shame that I reckon.

They were but I'll forgive one off night after such an unexpected run. Everton were always going to have one night like this at home from now until the end of the season and, as the world has always worked, it was probably going to end up being us. That negative result against Spurs hasn't happened yet. After we had two weeks in Dubai, they came back like world beaters so same again, Eddie.

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Four more games is fucking HUGE man. They've only won 3 all season and you've got them winning another 4 just to get ahead of us. 

Like we're just done collecting points for the season and are ready to just curl into a ball and hope that 31 is enough. As I've said previously, we managed 0.5 points per game from August to December. Even an absolutely inexplicable return to that utterly shit form would see us to 36 points. 

The idea that 4 of the 6 teams below us are going to beat that is just complete idiotic fantasy. 

Add to that Brighton who have lost 6 straight are only 2 points above us currently. 

It was a game where both sides had a half, Wood missed our chance and Iwobi scored theirs. I’ll start worrying if we lose another 4 on the bounce and all the teams below us start suddenly winning loads. 

Edited by Howay

:lol: Literally saying this while posting slow motion replays of a fucking nightmare challenge. Also worth noting this was on the counter after the Everton players were fuming from not getting a pen, also: 

B921CF12-89C5-4829-BBFE-DFFF1F6B30C9.jpeg

:lol: What the fuck? If ASM had his foot planted his ankle or shin would have been in pieces. Higginbotham went on to say it didn’t have excessive force, did he think the slow motion replay was real time speed? As the bloke come at ASM like a fucking rocket :lol:I’m genuinely confused how this is even being debated let alone a pundit saying it’s the worst red card decision he’s ever seen :lol: :lol: 

8F8DC676-9922-465C-AEE0-07020BD12C61.jpeg

Edited by Howay

Disappointing result and performance really given how terrible Everton were for the vast majority of it.

Just needed a goal in that first half and the crowd would have got on them.

Forgiveable though as this team has maintained an unbelievable level of effort in recent months and they’re entitled to be a bit tired at the end of this string of games. Plus injuries to big players have made things even worse on that side of things.

Absolutely not anything to worry about for mine. This team has a really good spirit. I’d be blown away if we went on a terrible run of results after they get some rest into their legs and come back firing in a few weeks.

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

He's like Harry Enfield's "Only meeeee!" character this one. 

I do not get how some people are only interested to come here to slag off players and to prove how good they are at judging poor players. UM is another one. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I do not get how some people are only interested to come here to slag off players and to prove how good they are at judging poor players. UM is another one. 

Boring as fuck attention seekers are not a new phenomenon 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Especially when the players they love to hate have been brilliant for months

• Like 3

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

@wykikitoon

woke up this morning with an overwhelming feeling failure.

I share the burden with our players for last nights abject display.  :(

back to you sir, I flew too close to the sun.

Don't take it too bad. Thread title was there, content in the thread was there.  It was a last minute sucker punch.  Sir, you did us proud.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Honestly CT lad, you need to chill your beans.

We were beaten by Chelsea. CHELSEA.  Current World Champions, Current Champions League winners and Currently sitting 3rd in the league.  With a made up midfield & nee Trips, we pretty much kept them to 2 efforts.  We should have had a man advantage and a peno too. We can away beaten by a goal of class tbh.  The ball to Havertz and then a superb first touch and finish.  Bruce is here, we come away from Stamford Bridge humiliated.  To come away instead gutted as we were minutes away from a point after being dry bummed by the ref just shows how far we have come in a short time frame.

Last night, we weren't at the races.  Looking back I think we missed out of a leader on the pitch and some experience.  I don't think Schar is captain material, but I understand why Howe gave it to him.  First half after the first 5 minutes we settled in and were never really threatened and we were the better side.  I said near HT we needed to up the tempo.  I think we were starting to sit too deep and take it easier.  They took advantage of that I think second half.  The nature of the game with the poor reffing helped them.  it disrupted our rhythm.  Peado Oil boy helped massive with that too.  The sending off galvanised them.

Everton have a solid run of;

West Ham (a)
Burnely (a)
Man Utd (h)
Leicester (h)
Bin dippers derby (a)
Chelsea (h)

How many points do you expect them to get? I am with G Dogg.  I think they're down.  They were fucking GASH last night.

It was a hard defeat to take because it's a wank football club, with a cunt of a manger and lame cunts on the pitch like Gordon and Richardlson.  But let's be honest.  They didn't dominate us did they?

We do have some hard games coming up.  But that run IMO highlights what little strength in depth we have and the whole myth of we have bought our way out of relegation is blown out of the water.  Wood didn't play well last night but in an ideal world last night he would have been rotated more leading up to it.  He's played 90mins since joining us.  He's a physical player and he must be absolutely shot to bits.

Basically what I am saying is.  We are safe man.  The teams below us are shit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We should still pick up the odd point between now and the end of the season. It would need miracles for Watford and Burnley to close the gap. Watford do still have a difficult away matches to play at Liverpool, Man City and Chelseas. But they do need to win at least three of their remaining nine games or three out of six if you forget about those matches. Collecting the odd draw won’t be enough for them.

Burnley do have a more favourable set of games but would also need to get at least ten points out of their last eleven matches. But that’s also a lot if you consider that they collected less than a point per match on average so far.

If we actually managed to fuck up the rest of the season by losing every single game then we would deserve to go down anyway.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 2

Aye, given how we played v Chelsea, I think we also have a massive say in the league title.  Over recent games it's shown we are harder to beat so I don't fear games like Wolves, Leicester or Palace now.

Adding to this is that we should only have lost one of the last four matches, but we actually managed to beat Brighton who were the better team that day.

But we didn’t lose the last two matches because our opponent were superior to us but because of poor refereeing and our own fault last night.

Even if we only manage a point from each of these games:

Wolves (H) 

Leicester (H) 

Palace (H) 

Norwich (A) 

Burnley (A) 

... And we lose ALL of these games:

Spurs (A) 

Liverpool (H) 

City (A) 

Arsenal (H) 

That would be 36 points, which will be plenty. And that is a very prudent assessment of what should be possible from those games.

I think we'll more likely get something like 8 points from the top 5 set of games and a non-zero return from the bottom 4 set. Which would see us absolutely cruising to safety. 

I suspect the MOST likely thing we're all about to see though is that the teams below us just continue to fail to pick up enough points - they'll get the odd thing here and there, but it'll be too little and too late - to the point where anything we get from our games just becomes a bonus as we maintain a healthy buffer between us and them. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 3

I'll do the spreadsheet later, but of course you can create a scenario where we struggle to get anything between now and the end of the season, and four of the teams below us put on runs that get them to c. 36 points, sending us down. 

But that's just one scenario in a massive range of possible outcomes, and probability wise it's so unlikely as to be barely worth taking into serious consideration. 

That's why the five thirty eight table gives us a 3% chance of going down. Which honestly sounds about right. The bookies have us at 33 to 1, so they're also on board with that 3% assessment. 

If that assessment ever gets above 20% between now and the end of the season, I'll start thinking that I MIGHT have something to worry about. But actively worrying about a 3% chance is donkey cock behaviour. 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Honestly CT lad, you need to chill your beans.

We were beaten by Chelsea. CHELSEA.  Current World Champions, Current Champions League winners and Currently sitting 3rd in the league.  With a made up midfield & nee Trips, we pretty much kept them to 2 efforts.  We should have had a man advantage and a peno too. We can away beaten by a goal of class tbh.  The ball to Havertz and then a superb first touch and finish.  Bruce is here, we come away from Stamford Bridge humiliated.  To come away instead gutted as we were minutes away from a point after being dry bummed by the ref just shows how far we have come in a short time frame.

Last night, we weren't at the races.  Looking back I think we missed out of a leader on the pitch and some experience.  I don't think Schar is captain material, but I understand why Howe gave it to him.  First half after the first 5 minutes we settled in and were never really threatened and we were the better side.  I said near HT we needed to up the tempo.  I think we were starting to sit too deep and take it easier.  They took advantage of that I think second half.  The nature of the game with the poor reffing helped them.  it disrupted our rhythm.  Peado Oil boy helped massive with that too.  The sending off galvanised them.

Everton have a solid run of;

West Ham (a)
Burnely (a)
Man Utd (h)
Leicester (h)
Bin dippers derby (a)
Chelsea (h)

How many points do you expect them to get? I am with G Dogg.  I think they're down.  They were fucking GASH last night.

It was a hard defeat to take because it's a wank football club, with a cunt of a manger and lame cunts on the pitch like Gordon and Richardlson.  But let's be honest.  They didn't dominate us did they?

We do have some hard games coming up.  But that run IMO highlights what little strength in depth we have and the whole myth of we have bought our way out of relegation is blown out of the water.  Wood didn't play well last night but in an ideal world last night he would have been rotated more leading up to it.  He's played 90mins since joining us.  He's a physical player and he must be absolutely shot to bits.

Basically what I am saying is.  We are safe man.  The teams below us are shit.

This. Can close the thread now, have a 2 week holiday, and get ready for the final stretch. 

• Like 1