Questionnaire on club ownership for undergraduate degree

ljackson4

Hi, I am conducting research for my undergraduate degree in Sociology at the University of Sheffield. I am looking for football fans and non-football fans to fill out a short questionnaire about perspectives on owners and ownership of football clubs in relation to the human rights records of the owners. I would appreciate it if anyone could fill it out. Thanks.

(all responses will be anonymous)

Link to the survey:

https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/TKY3DA/

• Like 2

I filled it in - I think you should open some discussion or reasoning as far as possible though as some of the responses are going to be a bit off otherwise. For instance, you ask how relevant an owner's human rights record should be when considering their ownership of a team. I think 'very relevant' is about right. Then you go on to ask about the morality of football fans then supporting this team. I don't think we're the front line on that argument anymore than anyone else who buys or sells anything tied to Saudi Arabia would be. The onus is on the government and authorities to take a moral stand against this stuff because they're the ones with some semblance of control - not random football fans who have no control over the situation whatsoever.

Anyway my answers reflect this view. You might also consider asking if away fans attending games at SJP are also morally complicit in the sportswashing (they are if we are - they had as much choice as we did).

• Like 1

Done, if I had one criticism the wording of your questions betrays what you believe the answers should be.

Use more neutral language and, as rayvin says, allow for text expansions on the answers if you want some nuance in your data, you can practically let people do your work for you if you allow them to speak their piece and it will give your data context.

• Like 1