Non-League Weekend.

Ugly Mackems

• 4 weeks later...

Great Easter weekend of football. 

Whitley Bay 1 v 3 North Shields. 

Shields secure the point that secures the title and promotion. 

Toon 2 v 1 Leicester. 

West Allotment 2 v 4 North Shields. 

Shields receive their trophy after a convincing performance. Tougher days lie ahead in the NPL. 

A good weekend of football. 

8 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Great Easter weekend of football. 

Whitley Bay 1 v 3 North Shields. 

Shields secure the point that secures the title and promotion. 

Toon 2 v 1 Leicester. 

West Allotment 2 v 4 North Shields. 

Shields receive their trophy after a convincing performance. Tougher days lie ahead in the NPL. 

A good weekend of football. 

But how was the Labour Club?

12 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

But how was the Labour Club?

It's usual busy self pre match.  But I shared the happiness with a visit to The Percy, Three Bulls and The Goose on route. Wonderful matchday experience. You really should try it. 

9 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

It's usual busy self pre match.  But I shared the happiness with a visit to The Percy, Three Bulls and The Goose on route. Wonderful matchday experience. You really should try it. 

I was in the percy, strikingly handsome chap. you probably noticed me, surrounded by fawning minxy chicks.

I did notice a photo on the wall in there dedicated to a newcastle legend tommy 'little white bull' crane. died aged 70 in 2016 apparently. made me feel rather sad.  :( 

• Sad 1

When West Allotment Celtic moved to Forest Hall to play their games they needed a small stand (requirement of being in the Northern League). So they’ve installed one directly behind one of the goals. It must be one of the worst places you could put it. It looks ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

I was in the percy, strikingly handsome chap. you probably noticed me, surrounded by fawning minxy chicks.

I did notice a photo on the wall in there dedicated to a newcastle legend tommy 'little white bull' crane. died aged 70 in 2016 apparently. made me feel rather sad.  :( 

Just tried to explain Tommy to my (grown up) kids (soft southern fannies)

It didn't really go down well as they though I was taking the piss, but the man was a legend

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

When West Allotment Celtic moved to Forest Hall to play their games they needed a small stand (requirement of being in the Northern League). So they’ve installed one directly behind one of the goals. It must be one of the worst places you could put it. It looks ridiculous. 

WAC have been a bit nomadic of late - since NUFC priced them out of playing at Blue Flames. I know the stand you mean. 

North Shields need to improve for their impending move to the NPL. God knows how they'll pay for it all. 

2 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

It didn't really go down well as they though I was taking the piss, but the man was a legend

I'm sure these days it'd be deemed politically incorrect to encourage tommy to get up and sing little white bull. he was instantly recognisable around the city center bars in the 80s, every bit as much so as big hec. I never knew anybody who bought him a pint for singing his song to be taking the piss maliciously, he was genuinely liked and loved the attention.

sad he's gone, chuffed he's got his photo up in the percy, he deserves it.  :)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

WAC have been a bit nomadic of late - since NUFC priced them out of playing at Blue Flames. I know the stand you mean. 

North Shields need to improve for their impending move to the NPL. God knows how they'll pay for it all. 

NUFC didn’t price them out of staying at Blue Flames btw. They had the use of the pitch at a discounted price for a fixed period of time. When the 5 years (or whatever, was it longer they were there?) was up they made out like they’d been really hard done to. Instead of acknowledging they’d had a fantastic pitch and facility for next to nowt. Blue Flames didn’t bother countering their accusations because, what’s the point? 
North Shields will struggle, aye. The step up in what you have to pay players is quite a lot even from division 2 to 1 in the Northern League. They might get away with it in their first season 

17 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Show them this. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...