Defensive Stalwart. The Big Dan.

ohhh_yeah

Brilliant, well deserved. Going from Steve Bruce’s turgid shite, to having PL manager of the month, and PL player of the month awarded to our lot in the same season :lol: 

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

NUFC player of the month. Even our players won a few of them under Bruce. ;) 

For fuck sake :lol:. Still, I’m sure Bruce didn’t sweep the NUFC manager of the month award during his tenure. 

• Haha 3

Think Bruce won manager of the month once here. Was it when we went on run near the end of last season after losing to Brighton (and looked to be in real bother)? He’s still shite either way 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Brilliant, well deserved. Going from Steve Bruce’s turgid shite, to having PL manager of the month, and PL player of the month awarded to our lot in the same season :lol: 

Steve Barnes had a lot to think about.  He wondered.  Would be be able to win both awards?  Himself.  Next month?  He slipped into his 2012 Prius, top of the range, and thought he just might.  Barnes allowed himself a wry grin as he silently headed toward the A38 gyratory and ripped into his last emergency Ginsters. Yes, next month I can do it.  Wuhz can do it.

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Steve Barnes had a lot to think about.  He wondered.  Would be be able to win both awards?  Himself.  Next month?  He slipped into his 2012 Prius, top of the range, and thought he just might.  Barnes allowed himself a wry grin as he silently headed toward the A38 gyratory and ripped into his last emergency Ginsters. Yes, next month I can do it.  Wuhz can do it.

6I1zjX.jpg

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

:lol: 

The car thing, it was brilliant how much he went on about that car. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

“Well 40 is the magic number, but until it’s done, we will just keep going. We don’t want to stop here, we want to go as high as we can.

“I think it’s some achievement from where we were when the ownership came in to where we are now.”

“I love playing at home. It feels like what it used to be like when I was a kid.”

“But having said that, as soon as I knew Newcastle were in for me, I wanted to help the club I fell in love with as a kid, and I was never going to turn it down. Obviously, if you look at it from a pure footballing sense, of course, it was a huge risk.

“I suppose in one way, I let my heart rule my head. It was a bit of both really. As soon as Newcastle came in, I was desperate to come here. And from day one, I always believed we had enough."

“At first, I thought there may be a real downer about the place from the times I have been here before with the relegation battles, but everything was brilliant. I knew almost straight away we would be all right.”

“I agree with those who say he is a real contender when you see what he has done. When you come in and turn it around the way he has, just the mentality, the way we train, the sense of real togetherness he has brought, photos after winning games, just little things like that. It has brought the fans and the players closer together, we are all pulling in the same direction."

“Obviously, you have the likes of Klopp and Guardiola, but I think what he has done is equally impressive. Obviously, it is a different job he has done, but a huge achievement from the state the club was in. To get to 40 points with five games to go is monumental."

“Speaking to people who had worked with him, I knew how he worked, the intensity. I enjoy training and working like that. The supporters react to that. They want the lads to be working hard week in, week out.”

“I’m too young to remember Barcelona. But it’s those games against Inter Milan, Bayer Leverkusen, games like that, And the atmosphere and positivity now feels like that."

“It’s just the hope. Everyone is buzzing to see what the future will bring. That is why we had to stay up. We are not mathematically done yet - but we’re well on our way.”

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Going to need a job lot of bronze if BDB scores the winner in the League Cup final.

Let’s hope it’s a realistic statue and displays his full, nine-fingered glory. 
He’s an actual anti-mackem, literally and digitally. 
GettyImages-1238798702.jpg?strip=all&w=5

• Haha 4

On 12/01/2023 at 09:16, The Fish said:

Anyone fancy knocking up a Dan Burn as the Colossus of Rhodes bestriding the Tyne?

It's for personal use.

Did you know real Colossus of Rhodes didn’t stand astride the ancient harbour at Rhodes town? That said, that image definitely looks better on a souvenir t-shirt / ashtray / tea towel than the reality. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2