£20 note burning, loadsamoney cunts v Eddie Howe's Saudi omerta luvving Mags

Howmanheyman

Not that I think it’s going to happen anyway but if some ‘independent’ adjudicator was introduced (and actually given the authority to veto takeovers like ours in the future) then I still don’t see any scenario where it can retrospectively make judgements. All it would mean is it would be a closed shop so other clubs couldn’t get similar investment in the future. Fans might think / kid themselves this is what they want but I doubt that’s the case in practice in the future 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not that I think it’s going to happen anyway but if some ‘independent’ adjudicator was introduced (and actually given the authority to veto takeovers like ours in the future) then I still don’t see any scenario where it can retrospectively make judgements. All it would mean is it would be a closed shop so other clubs couldn’t get similar investment in the future. Fans might think / kid themselves this is what they want but I doubt that’s the case in practice in the future 

Aye, it would take an Abramovich type scenario to take the club off them and I think as someone mentioned it would be even harder to do given the way the deal was structured.

There couldn’t be any retrospective judgement in cases like ours and Man City as you say, especially if it was for the reasons everyone suddenly desires because there’s no legal structure in place in the UK preventing Saudi from investing (we know the Govt are actively encouraging the opposite as well), so some bureaucratic body with very limited purview wouldn’t be able to even attempt to remove them from ownership without getting sued to fuck.

As you say any increase in these types of powers just impacts potential owners. Even then it’s questionable how much they’d even be able to prevent most owners anyway, iirc they rejected one of Leeds recent owners due to charges in Italy about his finances but he appealed the charge and then sued the EFL saying he still wasn’t guilty and they had to allow him ownership, he went on to lose the appeal but by that point he was owner. 

To be honest, I’m not sure it makes any difference anyway - the reason our ownership kicked up such a fuss is our lot are the end game of this, so preventing less rich owners taking over, or allowing them won’t impact the impending UAE and Saudi domination of the league. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1