£20 note burning, loadsamoney cunts v Eddie Howe's Saudi omerta luvving Mags

Howmanheyman

:lol: I think the best part is her original post isn’t giving an opinion, it’s questioning/criticism towards Howe (or “having a pop”), Stan ( :lol: ) and her are then trying to question the right of people who are doing pretty much what she’s doing to Howe to her.  

Coincidentally I’m fairly sure she also has wittered on recently about those questioning Howe’s decisions :lol:

You compare the likes of her, Wraith, and Adam Pearson to the True Geordie (even in his early days) and you can really see exactly how he’s where he is and they’re where they are. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tom said:

FWIW the women film their matches for performance analysis, I was talking to a bloke last year who was filming it.

If he ever needs help, I’ve got years of experience filming lasses dribbling with balls…

smirk-laugh.gif

• Haha 5

I used to be a regular on another forum. The lad who ran it used to do some podcasts. He would typically get a guest on and spend half an hour discussing a subject. Like one time they talked about the Minneapolis punk scene. Another time it was about what it like living in New York in the early 80s. He was a natural and an had lived an interesting life and knew some people who were also worth listening to. But it was also clear he had a proper mic setup and also had a good idea of what they were going to spend the 30 minutes or so talking about. So fuck? Well the point I’m making is this fella was clearly just having a bit of fun, doing it as a hobby and didn’t have any notions of making a career out if it. Despite that it was fucking miles more professional than Pearson’s efforts (of Holly Blades’ for that matter). 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

I think they’ve probably seen a few clips that have been properly filmed, edited and engineered, but done “fan tv” style and thought they could do it too with their Dad’s twenty year old digi-cam. 
It’s like Jackass- stupidest idea for a tv show, but done professionally, which spawned an epidemic of turbo-shite copycats. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alex said:

I used to be a regular on another forum. The lad who ran it used to do some podcasts. He would typically get a guest on and spend half an hour discussing a subject. Like one time they talked about the Minneapolis punk scene. Another time it was about what it like living in New York in the early 80s. He was a natural and an had lived an interesting life and knew some people who were also worth listening to. But it was also clear he had a proper mic setup and also had a good idea of what they were going to spend the 30 minutes or so talking about. So fuck? Well the point I’m making is this fella was clearly just having a bit of fun, doing it as a hobby and didn’t have any notions of making a career out if it. Despite that it was fucking miles more professional than Pearson’s efforts (of Holly Blades’ for that matter). 

Aye, I think the lad you’ve highlighted also had a topic that was different from others, which was interesting, and he had a passion for it.

You also can’t just leave your job prospects entirely and say you’re a full time content maker, if you look at any top podcaster, YouTuber etc they all will discuss a point where they took that leap into making it a full time thing and they were all pretty big by that point - TG had been going for years iirc when he did that, the lads on the football ramble still mostly work other jobs despite the fact they’re now at a level where they employ full time staff. 

Pearson (Blades, Wraith etc) would also get less flak if they could take flak, if they actually had any knack for this or did anything interesting or different, and didn’t act like they were doing everyone some massive favor “how dare you have a go at me don’t you know I do this full time, I’ve dedicated my life to this” :lol:. They also overvalue the time it takes people to give them shit, most people scroll through twitter on a 5 minute break, have a pop at them and go back to work.

TG went viral for his rants, whatever your views on it they were different to a lot of other stuff at the time and often were funny, he then branched into other things, some that worked some that didn’t. As Tom has mentioned in the past there’s lads like Emil who have a knack for interviewing, he will get reactions and discuss things in a level way, he will go onto sky and be fair take criticism and present a viewpoint he sees from speaking to fans. Meanwhile Pearson films U-23 games, which lets be honest there’s little interest in - he presents this as showing dedication but no one cares, if Wraith gets on sky he pushes himself, he’s ridiculous and presents his view as some leader of the fan base while also acting like he has actual involvement with the ownership. 

I know typing this out was redundant as they’ll never see it, but it’s a realistic way of how I see it. We’d all love to be in a position like True Geordie is now, but the fact is many of us, me (Pearson etc) included, simply don’t have the knack for it. They need to realize wanting it isn’t enough, and don’t write off all criticism as ‘haters’. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Howay said:

Pearson (Blades, Wraith etc) would also get less flak if they could take flak

This in a nutshell, like. 

They've each got a superiority complex generated by the fact their respective channels have unbelievably achieved popularity.  They're the epitome of the 'sooperfan' - can't be wrong because 'x' amount follow them etc... 

Each of them wouldn't last 5 minutes in this place. The core posters would have fucking field day :lol:

Edited by Craig
  • Haha 4